I Need Help With My Baby Panther Cham

Fabian 27

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Still a baby got here from lllreptile on nov 30. about 2 months now. he's a baby.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I usually handle him once every 2 days
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I'm feeding him without d3 and once d3. That was last week. without D3 everyday. i just throw in flies so he can catch them whenever he wants. I have some fruit so the flies can be around that area to help him out a bit
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? reptile cal
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? i scary once i wake up and sometimes leave the dipper on. another time when i get home t 7 i turn on the fogger and spay him cage. Also before bed
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? brown and a little yellow.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. nope just started doing it like 3 days ago

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? cage his cage is about 3ft 2 ft 2ft screen
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I'm using uvb 5.o and a 75 was but for basking.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?basking is around 95 maybe 100 the highest. No lights at night. room around 70. I measure using a thermometer i got at petco
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? i have moss all over and a small cup of water in the bottom. Spray the tank 3 time a day i have a dipper and also turn on a fogger i made. Throw a cold mist.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? no all fake with a logs in the middle
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? its in my room. Im usually away because of work and volunteer. Usually alone away from everyone. i sometimes have my fan from my room and its next to a heater at my house. keeps the room around 70. the cage maybe reaches 6 feet from the flower
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? I'm in cicero about 15 mins off chicago. I'm taking him to the animal clinic where i volunteer tomorrow to maybe take him an ex ray and talk to the doctor maybe he"ll know. Ill show you guys tomorrow. also ama try to unload picture and a video of the little guy

Heres him

Attachments

• 20161218_214050.jpg
    20161218_214050.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 20161218_212822.jpg
    20161218_212822.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 126
Only 28 days you had her? looks like a female to me... was this baby sick like where its eyes sucked in not full when you received? i assume you had shipped to you?..? Can you show a better picture of how you have the environment/cage..cold mist doesnt sound good. Sadly i dont know if she will make make it so be ready for the worst. one they get this bad hard to recover them. This is not an issue that xrays will solve or likely give any indications imho this is an overall health issue probably due to improper environmental conditions along with diet. Aslo where is the pics from the day you got him or her.

i had her for 18 days. Yes i got her shipped for the online store. no it just started happening. okay I'm going to take one right now.

The basking temperature for panther chameleons should be around 85 with the middle of the cage being around 75. Using live plants really help out with humidity, having a standing water source could be potentially harmful if your chameleon drinks from it because of bacteria and etc building up. Im not very educated about feeding fruit flies and if they can gutload as well as other feeders but I suggest just getting small crickets, gutload them with carrots, dust them with calcium, and then feed. Crickets will naturally want to go to the highest point so they will crawl around the screen and your Cham could hunt them down.

i have mesh around the cup so noting can enter except water. the water from the dipper is collected there. Yeah I'm going to buy crickets tomorrow. Thanks

myself i think this cage is way to big for such a small cham..i keep them in tubs this size animal till about 2-3 months..other wise you have virtually no control over the environment..unless its in a controlled room..one thing also is if your feeding fruit flies the cultures can get contaminated and become bactera farms..basically when flys start dying in the media whether its producing or not. I trash those and only feed those that pass the sniff test and visual test...i would say at this point something like a forcefed protiens with a probiotic mix..but only a vet could do it..if you try to give this animal meds it may or may not make it..i would find a vet that has experince with reptiles because its at this stage its untreatable most likey at your experience level.

can you post a picture of the tub and your set up? ohh okay I'm going to switch feeders then. Okay then I'm going to a herb vet tomorrow. Thank

yeah hold on i will take one...the way i do it is a heatmat for plants a on a themostat and thick like arcylic tubs..this way i can control the humidty and its in and out depending how often i moisten the paper towel lined bottom..just the evaporation creates a bottom of the jungle high humidy levels. Which at this stage they stay lower on trees/bushes ther little hands can grasp

maybe but once the eyes start to suck in like that in my experience you have a 50/50 shot on recovery if the animal responds..does she open her eyes is she eating anaything at all?

Back
Top Bottom