I Need Help With My Baby Panther Cham

babybins.jpg

yes she does she eats and drinks water
ok if she is eating and drinking you could give her probiotics( look up repti-bac they have it on amazon)..dusted on crickets..2 week old id say and gut load your food dont just try to feed crickets right when you get them from whoever at least try and feed the crickets fresh foods before feeding.. i feed mine kale collard greens, carrots,diff sweet potatoes and soem dry cricket chow..some fruit like papaya.then use your standard regimen for vitamens. That girl would need to eat about 20-30 fruit flys at once sitting to equal maybe 2 crickets..so that food is way to small for her i think. especially in a cage that size..also the way i do it is i feed mine on little pieces of egg carton like the ones u see in the cages..its not recommended to just throw crickets in the cage you should be makng sure animal is eating visually and so forth i cup feed my animals when they are older..i clean my cages every other day..and any time i see poop i can clean off any drinking spots immediatly.

okay I'm going tomorrow morning to the vet and then pick up some crickets. Like how many cricket you'll think she would eat? ama also relocate her too then since the cage is way too big.

you don't have a basking spot? what do you use to tell humidity in the cage.
not at this stage i dont use spot lights as a basking area..some people do i dont in this set up though i have in other set ups this is the system i prefer..if its sunny i give them natural sun and take the tubs outside ..if you dont work from home that wont work for you ..other wise they have a t5..the gauge your looking at is both temp and humidity. temp left humidy right

you don't use a heat lamp for your set up right?
for heat now i dont need it..but for uvb i use a reptisun 5.0 above the bins and natural sun..so you need to adjust to your living situation your method..im home all day everyday so thats why i dont a full basking set up..weather permitting they will go out everyday. if you do use a heat lamp for heat and or like a mercury vapor spot for uvb you will need to suspend it pretty high and check levels with a uvb reader to be sure what your doing.

okay thanks hopefully shell recover I'm hoping. Fell involve with it
i love her too and hope she makes it for you man..also since she is a female you will ahve to learn how to deal with her female system..egg laying, egg laying bins, extra nutrients etc..but first get her to the vet she seems malnourished and missing some fluids so like pedyalyte may help too the vet should know all this stuff.

Last edited:
i heard that you won't determine they're sex into they get a little older. they get a lump under the tail, is this true? okay will do, thanks

can i have a heat pad instead of a basking spot?
depends how will the animal get light you have uvb bulbs..and a small like spot light hang above a tub sure..but you need to check temps and tune the system..you cant just set it and go..ill give you an advice try to get an older chameleon maybe 4 or even 6 months next time.thats more established.many fail with no experience and buy a baby like this..thats previous care really is questionable by the pet store imho. If you dont do research your completly being unfair to the lifeform to keep it. Get to know them then the care becomes easier is many care guides and books.

i heard that you won't determine they're sex into they get a little older. they get a lump under the tail, is this true? okay will do, thanks
to me thats a female..just by color and the patterns even younger can be seen right out of the egg..in a group of babies its easier to see..maybe others will disagree but i see female now

okay, ill do that next time. I had a jackson chameleon previously, but unfortunately past of old age. After that i didn't want to try again because of what had happen but after a few years i got her (panther). She is a present from my girlfriend.

to me thats a female..just by color and the patterns even younger can be seen right out of the egg..in a group of babies its easier to see..maybe others will disagree but i see female now
wow i thought i had a male the whole time. Its suppose to be a ambilobe panther chameleon blue bar

okay, ill do that next time. I had a jackson chameleon previously, but unfortunately past of old age. After that i didn't want to try again because of what had happen but after a few years i got her (panther). She is a present from my girlfriend.
dont get discouraged..if anything you didnt get advice from experinced keepers like how to buy whom to buy with good quality from etc to increase your success chances..from now lets hope she can get past her current bad condition...i would try and raise temps to 80-85 thats about what im keep mine at ambient and do fine.

wow i thought i had a male the whole time. Its suppose to be a ambilobe panther chameleon blue bar
post a pick of the tail when she is up dont bother her she shouldnt be up now.thats another thing they need to be on a schedule..you cant random light of and on any time. they like a dim lights to get settled for the sleep spot before lights off all the way.

Back
Top Bottom