I GOT BRANCHES!!!!!!!

I'll send you updated picks of Jellybeans enclosure in the AM. Added a couple more dowels and those water proof green bendable vine thing a ma bobs. Both my little dudes have what looks to be like Dallas/Fort Worth Highways all to themselves. Put a big piece of poster board between them too instead of the pillow cases I was using and added a ZooMed digital hydrometer/temperature gauge to his enclosure as well. So now I don't have to guess what his enclosure is doing based off Tyes readings lol.

I'll send you updated picks of Jellybeans enclosure in the AM. Added a couple more dowels and those water proof green bendable vine thing a ma bobs. Both my little dudes have what looks to be like Dallas/Fort Worth Highways all to themselves. Put a big piece of poster board between them too instead of the pillow cases I was using and added a ZooMed digital hydrometer/temperature gauge to his enclosure as well. So now I don't have to guess what his enclosure is doing based off Tyes readings lol.
Awesome send me pics!

Excuse me why dont we all get to see?

It is sooooo fun!!! I don’t know what I am going to do when I get done with both their enclosures lol. It looks like we may have the house so I would be able to expand or make a second free range area.... and I found the jackpot at the beach so now I have an unlimited wood supply!!!
Get another cham!

Get another cham!
Oh no no no... 2 is my limit. With Beman being as friendly as he is and wanting out all the time I would not be able to split my time between 3 lol. But I do think now that I have found a place to get fantastic driftwood that I will build them an awesome free range area to share at different times or two separate ones. Not sure yet. It looks like we may be moving into a bigger house so I will have a bit more room to set it up perfectly for them.

Selling safe branches $50 a foot. They are the only species of branch that will not kill your chameleon on contact.
LOL I would not be charging that much if I decided to do it. I think there is a need for it though. Some of the places I found that sell them they are charging crazy prices like $20 for hand picked pieces that are only 24 inches. I would like to make the prices line up more with vines and such that you can get that run like 10 bucks. We will see though. I need to get moved and have room to store them and dry them back out if I decide to do this on the side. I dunno we will see.

I guess its time to upgrade my females cage. She needs some new branches. I plan to tear it down anyway since I am going with a plan to have the cage sit on a lay bin which would giver her more cage space.

Currently I buy branches/sticks at hobby lobby but that is not always the cheapest but they have some cool designs and I cut them down.

Honestly I didn't even read the whole thread. Just saw something about selling branches lol. I know you people in cali prob don't have as many trees so I can see that. If you tried to sell branches to someone in the northeast to south though you'd get some serious laughs

Honestly I didn't even read the whole thread. Just saw something about selling branches lol. I know you people in cali prob don't have as many trees so I can see that. If you tried to sell branches to someone in the northeast to south though you'd get some serious laughs

We have a few trees and then you could always use some tumble weeds..... Probably just a southern CA thing haha

No, just for people that want real branches but don't have the trees to pull from. I went with all fake vines at 10 buck per vine and spent about 100 bucks on it and then they all started to fall apart. Only because I did not have good luck with grapevine not molding and the branches I did find were not even the right lengths or stupid expensive. All the trees I have direct access to are a much smaller diameter. If I go to the forest then I have all redwood and Eucalyptus trees.

No, just for people that want real branches but don't have the trees to pull from. I went with all fake vines at 10 buck per vine and spent about 100 bucks on it and then they all started to fall apart. Only because I did not have good luck with grapevine not molding and the branches I did find were not even the right lengths or stupid expensive. All the trees I have direct access to are a much smaller diameter. If I go to the forest then I have all redwood and Eucalyptus trees.

Yeah I'm saying, where you're at you probably don't have access to a lot, but that's not the case for a large chunk of us lol. As long as it holds up and doesn't have sap you're good to go

Back
Top Bottom