I GOT BRANCHES!!!!!!!

Honestly I didn't even read the whole thread. Just saw something about selling branches lol. I know you people in cali prob don't have as many trees so I can see that. If you tried to sell branches to someone in the northeast to south though you'd get some serious laughs
Stop hating on us Californians we try our best but it’s only rains in January and then we bone dry after that. We also have lots of trees :cool: It’s not Father’s Day anymore I can joke on you again and @Brodybreaux25.

So I went to the beach today to scout out drift wood. I could have hauled back 10 times what I collected. Such amazing pieces! I can't wait to redo Beman's enclosure and start Bahari's enclosure. I already collected a bunch from trees near my house.

I think I may have gone a little nutty with my wood collecting and have some left over when I get done with the enclosures lol. Best part out of all of this... All FREE branches!

These are all the branches I collected from the trees.

View attachment 236267

Here are all my drift wood pieces from the beach today. I cut them down to fit each enclosure. Beman's are on the right and Bahari's are on the left.
Then I have two longer pieces one for each enclosure to go up through the cage at an angle. These are much larger diameter then my tree cuttings as well so I think I have a great assortment of grip sizes.

View attachment 236268

All washed up and sand removed just gotta pray for for the sun to break through the fog this week so I can dry them out.

View attachment 236269
Oooo I wanted to do this but it’s illegal to take them at our state parks I just need to walk down the beach one day off their property. But also I’ve heard sand blasted manzanita is a good chameleon branch the thicker branches at least Idk what anyone else’s experience is with them, was thinking about buying a full manzanita sand blasted tree and picking off branches.

Oooo I wanted to do this but it’s illegal to take them at our state parks I just need to walk down the beach one day off their property. But also I’ve heard sand blasted manzanita is a good chameleon branch the thicker branches at least Idk what anyone else’s experience is with them, was thinking about buying a full manzanita sand blasted tree and picking off branches.
Yeah we are able to remove them from the beaches here. Honestly there is so much drift wood that if people didn't then the beaches would be over run with it.

I dunno about the manzanita. I heard it was pretty slick when wet... That is my experience with wild manzanita as well.

Ok so I decided I like the look of the driftwood more then all my tree cutting so I went back to the beach today.... I might have a new addiction!!
FD18DCCF-C30B-45F5-B261-618BE109E4ED.jpeg

I wish I have branches like those. The big ones over here are only sold in fish farms and cost like 130USD like this one that I bought back then.

Attachments

• 20180615_205720.jpg
    20180615_205720.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 172
Yeah we are able to remove them from the beaches here. Honestly there is so much drift wood that if people didn't then the beaches would be over run with it.

I dunno about the manzanita. I heard it was pretty slick when wet... That is my experience with wild manzanita as well.
Yah our state park beaches are covered in drift wood I’m not sure what their trying to accomplish by not letting people take it honestly. But yah i should probably start with a small sample before I buy full treee haha

I wish I have branches like those. The big ones over here are only sold in fish farms and cost like 130USD like this one that I bought back then.
Well I wish you lived in the US you could buy some from me for a heck of a lot less.Those are beautiful branches though :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom