I found these eggs

Food, food, glorious food, it's all they care about, and yes I do alternate food types, for now it's mealworms next week it's going to be something else.
1229201949a~2.jpg
1229201949~2.jpg
1229201103c~2.jpg

As for our fire ant survivor agamas they are doing well, however their attitude is horrible, they fly into a panic the moment I walk into the room. I'm unsure how to go about attempting to even try to tame them, since they would rather starve than take food off my hand, and only eat from the food dish when I'm well away from the enclosure. When I approach the cage you can see their breathing increase dramatically, even if you don't do anything, it's kind of heartbreaking to be honest.

1229202005b~2.jpg

1229202005~2.jpg

Well not much of an update, but I caught the agamas red handed defoliating the ficus tree, I had no idea they would occasionally take plant matter, as it stands in going to have to remove the tree since it can't keep up with the pressure.

If I had known both species had omnivorous tendencies I would have brought more plants back....

This morning as I was watering my outside plants I caught a quick glimpse of an orange-red headed lizard and got all excited thinking it was an agama. Nope...just an anole.

Those anoles are actually a nice color morph of the brown anole, sometimes you can find an all orange or rust red one, those are with around 15 or 20 bucks.

There's also a cherry morph of the brown anole which is quite spendy it's blood red.

Those anoles are actually a nice color morph of the brown anole, sometimes you can find an all orange or rust red one, those are with around 15 or 20 bucks.

There's also a cherry morph of the brown anole which is quite spendy it's blood red.
I take the little anoles for granted as they’re all over the place. I can’t imagine anyone paying for them, but I guess in Madagascar they find it funny that people pay for chameleons. It’s been pretty chilly here for the past month + so I haven’t seen as many anoles and all are quite dark, trying to absorb some heat. Maybe I’ll see the little orange headed guy again...he was under the plants by the front door.

Anyone want to take a shot at sexing this guy? It decided it was a great idea to panic and bolt out the cage and lead me on a half hour game of chase and hide and seek, otherwise I would never bother doing this.

Funny thing was everyone else just watched. ...

0131211104b~2.jpg
0131211104c.jpg

Well I had to split up the agamas, I guess in captivity two males will fight, at least in a smaller space.

I have a 125 gallon on the way, and I will try cohabitation again once it's setup.

As it stands the instigator of the fighting was very rattled that I removed the other one and has been in hiding for the whole day.

As for the younger one that was being picked on, it seems to like the new enclosure, but still occasionally tries to get back into its familiar cage.
0406212140c~2.jpg

0406212207~2.jpg

And here's the youngest one surveying its new cage.

The curly tails seemed happy to not have to deal with the agamas, they weren't even phased when I was chasing one of the agamas through the cage.

Well I've cleaned out and redone the cage, with bioactive substrate and added springtails.

The curly tails are at the point where after a little coaxing I can get them to hop on my hand and allow a slow transfer between the cage and the hold box, and back again. Making this experience a more positive one, rather than trust destroying.

The agama had to be restrained as per normal.

Here's the agama in a 5 gallon bucket
0409211841.jpg

You can see how big it's gotten.
Here's a head shot, today I learned that they could deliver a very nasty bite when fully grown, if they'd actually take the time to think
0409211820c~2.jpg

Close up
0409211820c~3.jpg

Still molting
0409211820a~2.jpg

I don't like interacting with the agamas so enjoy these rare pics.
Here's the cage
0409212000.jpg

0409212006a.jpg

The left side with the curly tails, they seem to see everything as an adventure, and don't get put off easily. They are already exploring and using the new sticks.

Agama in the cage
0409212009a~2.jpg

0409212010~2.jpg

Very unhappy with the whole experience.

Hey internet I was promised two years before male red head agamas reached sexual maturity....

I have two males in breeding colors at 7 months. :/

0425211336a~2.jpg

Sad thing is, as soon as I try to take a photo they quickly revert to normal :/ Which is what this guy was doing.

Back
Top Bottom