I don`t know what to say

sallyb

Avid Member
I have sat all evening trying to figure out what to say, but words fail me :( Gizzy is going to the vet at 9am tomorrow and I don`t think the odds of her coming home with us are too good. She has been unable to poop since the op and became quite ill over the last few days, now she is refusing food too. Our vet is away, but I spoke with the other reptile vet and she didn`t sound too hopeful given the issues we have. I can`t begin to say how heart broken we all are and, i guess, hoping for a miracle :(

Oh no Sally. Im so sorry to hear that. After all Gizzys' been thru I know this is extremely hard to watch. Is it possible shes lost the ability to push out the poo after the surgery? It might be possible to manually palpate her and work out the obstruction. Since shes still recovering from the surgery that might not be a feasible option though. Please tell us what the vet says.

Thanks - I will definitely post as soon as I arrive home. It is a big possibility that she has lost the ability to push as I`ve noticed a couple of times she has been trying, but nothing seems to happen. We have tried palpating and showers etc, but no joy. I am praying the vet can help her, it`s unbearable to think of coming home without my girl.

I've only just got my little guy and I dread him getting ill! So many Chameleon keepers on here have lost their Chameleons. I suppose it gets hard because you invest so much time on them. How long have you had Gizzy?

Good luck at the Vet.

Sally I am heartbroken to hear Gizzy is having problems again. That poor little girl just doesn't seem to get a break. I don't know what to say either, except I sure hope for good news. Please let us know.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both! Sending good energy your way. Try to find comfort in the fact that you have made a great effort to do everything in your power and more. You are an excellent example of a loving and responsible pet owner...

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes, we are just about to leave for the vets now. I have never before hoped that Gizzy would do her usual toilet trick whilst in the car.

Penn - Gizzy is almost 2 and a half now. To say we got attached would be an understate, she definitely rules the roost around here.

Eka - I will ask the vet about mineral oil, we are willing to give anything a try right now.

Well fingers crossed. :)

Well,I feel like I have just won the lottery !!! We went to the vet and Gizzy has been given some more meds. She seems a bit brighter today so the vet decided that rather than surgery or letting her go, we should persevere until Tuesday and hope she goes. She also had an antibiotic shot and off we went. I`ll give you three guesses what she did on the way home, lol :D:D

We`re not out of the woods as she is swollen and still feeling poorly, but it`s a great start and at least we now know she can "go". Now we have to persuade her to eat again. Thank you all so much for the kind words and support, it made a massive difference to us and we are just ecstatic that we have taken a step in the right direction. :D

Sally i am thrilled for you! I was afraid to come see how it had went with her. i feel I know Gizzy so well by now that anything happening to her, is almost like it happening to one of my babies. Thank God she is hanging in. Let us know.:):):)

Awesome news Sally. I was actually dreading opening this thread to check on Gizzy today. You may have to start giving her car rides a cpl of times a week. lol Kind of like when newborns only sleep while riding in the car. Your cham only "goes" while in the car.

I know that they arent easy to get in the UK, but I'd try to find some horns for her. I'd feed mostly horns and silks til she got back on a regular bowel movement schedule again.

Oh Sally! That girl certainly give you an emotional rollercoaster ride! I was wondering what on earth I could possible write in reply to your opening post, when I read the post that she is coming home yet again! What a girl! I really hope they can help her. These female veileds are so extra special - they are so loveable and really do get right into your heart. I have everything crossed for you and Gizzy once again! xx

Back
Top Bottom