Hurricane sandy

Hisuikazedo

I know a lot of the members here are west coast but I know there are a few east coasters that had to have been affected by the storm. What did you do for your chams to make it thru the storm? We're you lucky enough to have a generator?

We were not. We have been with out power in our apt since 7pm Monday the 29th. I was smart and cranked the heat all day Monday knowing that we were most likely gonna loose power. My veiled "Dragon" made it thru the first night ok her tank dropped down to 68 or so. Not horrible. Then it was time to link of something else. So we covered her cage with a blanket and used 2 jar candles with a tinfoil hood (with ventilation of course) and was able to keep her at a toasty 80. In the dark but warm. We decided we had to move her Wed. AM. Took her across the lake to my mother in laws who had everything but power including a wood burning stove. So we moved her to her tiny baby cage and moved her to grandmas. Thankfully this worked out well Grandma got power back thursday evening and other than throwing off her sleep cycle from being in the dark for 3 days Dragon seems to be her usual bitchy self. So for now we are all staying at grandmas house because they are telling us 7-14 days for power in our apt.

Any one else have storm stories?

Glad you and your cham are doing ok and hope you get your power back very soon. There's several other Sandy threads here. Use the search tab at the top and search Sandy and they should pop up.

Back
Top Bottom