Power Loss, UK ⛈⚡️❄️🌨

pascal2023

Avid Member
So it’s nearly 7am, which is about the time I put pascals lights on. However we’ve had a storm (well thunder and lightening) which has been hanging over our area for a couple hours and now we have no power.

Being in the UK 🇬🇧 I honestly never really thought we’d deal with this problem.
it’s so rare that we have power cuts but here we are, it’s happened!

So I’ve never really prepared for this, any ideas how to keep her toasty until it comes back on? Could be a couple or few hours, we don’t know. I assume we’ll be waiting for a while. Bearing in mind her room is in the warmest room in the house anyway but yeah, any advice I’d greatly appreciate 🤯 weather has been extremely weird for this time of year, it’s been 20 degrees this weekend, currently having storms and expected to have hail later on today? Like WHAT 🌨⚡️⛈

Attachments

• 8A958F25-09DA-45D0-AA2A-FC6E745EE2C0.jpeg
    8A958F25-09DA-45D0-AA2A-FC6E745EE2C0.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 49
She'll be ok for a day without power, just don't feed her. If it was warmer I'd suggest setting up an outside cage, but it looks like your high is 64 degrees F, which would be a mite too chilly for her since she can't warm up from that. She will probably just sleep through the day, don't worry and hopefully you will have power later on.

She'll be ok for a day without power, just don't feed her. If it was warmer I'd suggest setting up an outside cage, but it looks like your high is 64 degrees F, which would be a mite too chilly for her since she can't warm up from that. She will probably just sleep through the day, don't worry and hopefully you will have power later on.
It came back on about 20 minutes ago, put everything back on, I put her back in her temp enclosure because it’s a little warmer than her new bigger one but I’m not sure if she’s looking a little under the weather 🤧 8A93837B-9C41-4413-A966-2469270EF1AD.jpeg

It will be fine. I went a few days without power. It is stressful but they can get through it. When you have issues is when temps in the room drop below 50f. or if it is over 90f. This is when we have to pivot and try to keep it either warm or cooler to get them through the outage. But in these times you just do not feed them and except for misting try to leave them be.

It will be fine. I went a few days without power. It is stressful but they can get through it. When you have issues is when temps in the room drop below 50f. or if it is over 90f. This is when we have to pivot and try to keep it either warm or cooler to get them through the outage. But in these times you just do not feed them and except for misting try to leave them be.
just out of curiosity, it’s okay for them to not have their UVB light on for a day?

just out of curiosity, it’s okay for them to not have their UVB light on for a day?
Yep... Even if it is a few days they will be fine. Might get a little pissy not having lights on with a power outage but as long as temps are within limits they will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom