Weather..

kinyonga

Chameleon Queen
Hope everyone in most of Ontario is weathering the storm well…power still on, etc?

The wind is howling. There’s thunder and lightening (called thunder snow, of course…fairly rare)….and we’ve been getting everything from wet sleet and wet snow to big huge flakes of heavy wet snow. It’s likely to be 20cm …or maybe even more …by the time it’s done In the morning.

Glad I don’t have to go anywhere tomorrow…it will likely take everyone a good part of the day to get driveways and roads cleared.

Stay safe!

Wow! Thunder snow? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that. Sounds crazy, but also sounds like your current weather is crazy so it seems to fit. Hoping you don’t lose power. Stay inside and stay nice and warm. When she’s done using the flame thrower to clear her cars and sidewalk, @Beman will send it to you to use. ;)
Feelings Flame GIF by Drivetanks

Stay safe... We just got hit with 2 feet. Bringing us to record snow fall for our area of 140 inches this winter. Praying we do not get anymore because its not melting off fast enough to have anywhere to put it. We had thunder snow in AZ with this last storm but not in our area.

Stay safe... We just got hit with 2 feet. Bringing us to record snow fall for our area of 140 inches this winter. Praying we do not get anymore because its not melting off fast enough to have anywhere to put it. We had thunder snow in AZ with this last storm but not in our area.
You get that much snow there??? I never knew that area got that much snow! We have at times.

I'm not going anywhere…I have lots of food and my power is on…so I’m good!

Wow! Thunder snow? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that. Sounds crazy, but also sounds like your current weather is crazy so it seems to fit. Hoping you don’t lose power. Stay inside and stay nice and warm. When she’s done using the flame thrower to clear her cars and sidewalk, @Beman will send it to you to use. ;)
Feelings Flame GIF by Drivetanks
Flame thrower would be good…maybe! 😬 At least it would make things warmer!

I remember having thunder snow a couple of times in my life…but then I also remember hurricane Hazel when we were hit by that.

You get that much snow there??? I never knew that area got that much snow! We have at times.

I'm not going anywhere…I have lots of food and my power is on…so I’m good!
This is rare for flagstaff. Not uncommon to get like 50-60 inches for the season... But we are passing all major events prior.

330553592_911506783491600_1764206094916691347_n.jpg

Our parking lot after getting 24 inches and those are our cars...

IMG_7875.jpeg

This is after I removed the two feet on the sides and then cleared the cars then removed the snow from the sides again lol The snow pile is everything I moved.

IMG_7878.jpeg

This is my poor back yard... Literally no where to put it. And the dang glacier is not melting because it does not get direct sun. It is now 5 feet tall. That is a 11 foot deep and 10 foot wide area it is taking up. Needless to say my dogs are not happy with the 4x8 run but I could not clear the rest on that side because it kept falling off the glacier back into their area that is left. lol.

IMG_1470.jpeg

We have had snow that deep many times over the years but it seems like we get quite a bit less snow now overall than when I was a kid.

I remember when I was about 20 wading through snow up to my waist (and I was about 5’8” tall) …and that wasn’t the snow piles…it was that deep everywhere.

We have had snow that deep many times over the years but it seems like we get quite a bit less snow now overall than when I was a kid.

I remember when I was about 20 wading through snow up to my waist (and I was about 5’8” tall) …and that wasn’t the snow piles…it was that deep everywhere.
Yeah I was not raised in snow areas so this is a learning curve for me. And all of the locals here are now over it. Its been back to back storms week after week. My daughter has had 11 snow days now and they only a lot for 2 lol

Yeah I was not raised in snow areas so this is a learning curve for me. And all of the locals here are now over it. Its been back to back storms week after week. My daughter has had 11 snow days now and they only a lot for 2 lol
Wow…11 snow days! That’s a lot.

I’ve grown up with lots of snow…so I’m pretty much used to it now. Still don’t like it much usually though.

Well…would you believe that all the snow in the trees and bushes fell out in clumps and the roads are completely clear now…not even wet? However there are big mounds of snow along the edge of the driveways and roads!?! Our snow clean up crews are good! The sun is shining and the snow looks pretty! All is well in the end! This all happened because the temperature is now above freezing….for now.

This is rare for flagstaff. Not uncommon to get like 50-60 inches for the season... But we are passing all major events prior.

View attachment 335768

Our parking lot after getting 24 inches and those are our cars...

View attachment 335769

This is after I removed the two feet on the sides and then cleared the cars then removed the snow from the sides again lol The snow pile is everything I moved.

View attachment 335770

This is my poor back yard... Literally no where to put it. And the dang glacier is not melting because it does not get direct sun. It is now 5 feet tall. That is a 11 foot deep and 10 foot wide area it is taking up. Needless to say my dogs are not happy with the 4x8 run but I could not clear the rest on that side because it kept falling off the glacier back into their area that is left. lol.

View attachment 335771
As the chams look wistfully at outdoor cage....

Maine got lots of snow when I was a kid and I remember wading through thigh high snow in high school at least once but we don’t seem to get as much now. This year we just got little piddly storms of 2-5 inches then march hit and oh my goodness, we’ve had back to back storms the last few days! ive never seen the snow so deep in my front yard!

Back
Top Bottom