Hurricane Irma

My parent have a home in the keys marathon any pic from there

Yes, I do. Marathon to Key West was hit hard. I'll try to attach some photos and videos for you. I can't get them to attach with my iPad. Are you on FB? If so friend me and I'll tag you in them. Jann Besok What MM do your parents live by?

Yes, I do. Marathon to Key West was hit hard. I'll try to attach some photos and videos for you. I can't get them to attach with my iPad. Are you on FB? If so friend me and I'll tag you in them. Jann Besok What MM do your parents live by?[/QUOTE
I will friend u. Please message the pictures so my moM won't see them. Am not sure what she is by.

We are all safe and the house is good. We don't know how long it will be before they let anyone back in the Keys. All the bridges must be inspected and the roads repaired. We will stay here one more night then try to get a hotel with power closer to the Keys. Here's the house.

View attachment 190331

View attachment 190332

View attachment 190333

View attachment 190334

View attachment 190331
I am so happy to see your house. I have been praying and worried sick about you and your family. I should have known to check with your Chameleon family on the forum. You have been blessed for sure. We are heading home fom Mississippi today but won't get there until Wednesday. Our new property survived also. Talk soon.

Going home tomorrow. No power, no water and no cell phone service.

Monroe County will open re-entry into the Keys for residents and business owners in Key Largo, Tavernier and Islamorada at 7 a.m. Tuesday.

Entry requires a yellow re-entry sticker or proof of residency or business ownership in those three cities. A roadblock will be put around Mile Marker 74, just before Sea Oates Beach where part of the road has washed out. An FDOT road crew will repair the road tomorrow.

Returning residents should consider that there are limited services. Most areas are still without power and water. Cell service is spotty. And most gas stations are still closed.

Mariners Hospital in Tavernier will open at 7 a.m. tomorrow.
Crews are continuing to work to clear U.S. 1 as quickly as possible. FDOT has inspected all the bridges along U.S. 1.

They cleared all the bridges to Mile Marker 16 as safe. They are waiting for reports on the safety of the remaining bridges.
The County will continue to evaluate the situation. The goal is to get all residents back into the Keys as quickly.

Photo of U.S, 1 road damage along Sea Oates Beach by Cammy Clark/Monroe County

IMG_1657.JPG
IMG_1658.JPG

@jannb I'm heartbroken and sickened to my stomach by what happened down there, especially in the lower keys. The upper keys are my home away from home. I hope for the best for you and your pets and home. We were spared in Ft Lauderdale.

We made it back home. It was a very emotional day seeing all the damage and destroyed homes and businesses once we arrived. It was also emotional to see all of the convoys of national guard, power trucks, roofers and contractors coming to help the people here.

Our neighborhood was so lucky and most of the homes have little damage especially since right across the street a restaurant/bar was completely destroyed and a house next to it completely gone.

After going through that storm I'm amazed (and thankful) that Jann's house didn't sustain any damage - those screens are intact and anyone familiar with hurricanes knows they are the first to go. I live in Naples, and the eye of the storm passed just a few miles from my house. We were lucky, and by that I mean that we were only out of power for 1 week, had very minimal damage, and just go wifi back today, 10 days later. I'll be unemployed for 3 weeks as my hotel rebuilds and re-opens, but there aren't any more gas shortages, food is coming back on the shelves (have you ever seen a Super Target without ANY perishable food in it's coolers and freezers? It's crazy!), but we are Florida Strong and we will rebuild.

Hurricane season this year has been crazy, but it seems like the dry season that the everywhere in the US has had to some extent is finally over with. Even in Cali we are getting storm warnings because of the hurricane weather and we are getting thunderstorms where I am which we NEVER have. The last time we had them I think was 6+ years ago. Though it was shitty to go through I think it will help in a weird way in the long run.

Lynda and Michelle, we did have some damage like screen out and we need a new roof but we consider that nothing to what others here had. With global warming I'm thinking we will have more and more of this crazy weather.

Lynda and Michelle, we did have some damage like screen out and we need a new roof but we consider that nothing to what others here had. With global warming I'm thinking we will have more and more of this crazy weather.
I hope you are wrong for your sake and everyone else here in Florida about more crazy weather. You have had more than your share of tragedies this year. Take time to breath and enjoy your extended family.

Back
Top Bottom