Hurricane Irma: chameleons under low pressure?

Holvure

Okay so I live just south of Tampa, Florida. Irma is headed right towards us and is looking to be a cat. 4. We may have to evacuate in which case I'm putting my panther cham into his old and smaller enclosure for transportation purposes. Right now, he's still in the 48x48x24in set up. He's been acting a little strange lately, and I was just wondering if it's related to the hurricane? I had him tested for parasites about a month ago, so as of then he was completely healthy. However recently he hasn't been very interested in eating or drinking, and has been slightly more aggressive with me particularly when I offer him food. Normally he's very docile and doesn't get stressed out or worked up about anything except the wild lizards in my yard. So do you guys think it has something to do with the hurricane coming? I know they say dogs and other animals freak out sometimes or act funny because of the pressure drop during hurricanes, are chams the same way? There's not much I can do right now seeing as the hurricane is going to hit tomorrow and the vets are all closed down. He'll occasionally eat a superworm off of the screen, but won't pay any attention if I try to hand feed him like usual. He won't eat roaches either, which he loves, even if I let them run around on a plant in front of him (that made him particularly angry). So, anyway, any input would be greatly appreciated!

It could be - I'm in Naples and one of my cats is running around like a fool. My veiled hasn't eaten in a couple of days, but he's not a huge eater anyway. We put shutters over the window he normally looks out, so while his cage has light, it's a lot less ambient light than he's used to, so I figure that's a factor. Be safe and get out now - this storm is no joke and headed straight for you.

It could be - I'm in Naples and one of my cats is running around like a fool. My veiled hasn't eaten in a couple of days, but he's not a huge eater anyway. We put shutters over the window he normally looks out, so while his cage has light, it's a lot less ambient light than he's used to, so I figure that's a factor. Be safe and get out now - this storm is no joke and headed straight for you.
We covered up the window next to his cage as well, so yeah that's probably a factor. I hope you are safe!! It's too late for us to go anywhere at this point, but we'll do our best to keep ourselves and our animals safe and healthy.

How did you make out during the storm? After it, I put my veiled out on our screened lanai all day long, and he started eating again, and acting normally. Of course it didn't hurt that I had his favorite hornworms to offer him :rolleyes:

How did you make out during the storm? After it, I put my veiled out on our screened lanai all day long, and he started eating again, and acting normally. Of course it didn't hurt that I had his favorite hornworms to offer him :rolleyes:
My boy is doing alright! He still is only eating superworms, so I'm going to have a fecal done just to make sure it's nothing more than a picky diet. Glad to hear you're doing well too!

Back
Top Bottom