Hurricane Irma

Whatever you do! DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE DRAWERS BEFORE YOU LEAVE!!!! That's the #2 place for things to be left behind! You certainly don't want to leave them behind! ;)

I want forget that precious cargo. I'm worried about how to keep the drawer cool when we loose power.

Jann stay safe! I am not sure the way they change where the hit will be, how you can know where to go! How awful it must be for you! Hope all is ok. Give us updates that you are ok, as you have time.

If you have a working ice machine right now or anyway to freeze bottles or ice packs use it now, it then cover the ice packs and bottle in some towels so no extra condesation is leaked and put in the drawer with the eggs.

I don't want to alarm anyone on here, but as the storm passes we will lose power, and as the cell towers go down we will lose service. A hotel is the best place for Jann (and anyone else who evacuated), because they are constructed very well - their insurance dictates it. She's at a big name one, so no worries there. If you do not hear from anyone from Florida until Tuesday or possibly later, please do not worry. We are conserving our cell phones, batteries, and may not have a way to communicate.

Have not been on here much with the storm approaching and all the preparation. Best of luck to you and Mike, and your animals. I am still scared even though it appears it is going to stay more west. I know we are still going to get bad weather. The tornadoes freak me out too. Let's hope all of us in Florida come out unhurt and with homes that sustain a minimal amount of damage. God bless us all! Everyone try and let each other know you are ok when you can either on here, facebook etc.

Thanks again everyone!

Irma's bands are pounding the Keys right now. Later tonight or in the morning it will most likely get worse.it's even possiable Irma could come in to Sarasota where we evacuated to. It all depends on where it makes the turn and if it makes one.

I'll keep you all updated when I can. As Michelle said we will most likely lose power, internet and cell phone.

Update:

The Keys are getting pounded right now. It's the worse in the lower Keys. The main problem so far where we live there's allot of trees down. Where we are staying it's just a light rain so far. Later this afternoon Irma will come by us but hopefully it will be slowed down allot before it hits here.

Keep hoping it will all settle out before anyone is in danger. Love you guys <3 Love the animals.

It's windy now. No phone or cable but still have Internet and power. A gutter just flew off the hotel.

Be safe, Jannb! We will be thinking of you and the animal fam. All our florida employees have either evacuated or sheltered in place - it's scary how strong this storm is.

Back
Top Bottom