Humping Me..?

Dainty44

I went to open the door to the cage to mist my cham and he was overly eager to come out onto my arm, he then rubbed his stomach on my arm and then came out his hemi penis on my arm..I then tried to put him back into his cage and he wrapped his tail around me and didnt want to get off me. WTF..Is this normal? Does ur chameleon hump ur hand?? :eek:

Last edited:
i guess i just never heard of this type of behaviour. I ve never even read about it on this forum lol. I thought there was something wrong with him cuz e eats maybe like four crix a day and the odd super, but he really is just interested in getting his hump on................CRAZY

My Ankaramy is expelling sperm plugs at five months too.
I wouldget a giggle out of seeing a photo of this though!

how do i know when this happens are sperm plugs normal

you will see some dried up stringy thing inside the enclosure or in the poo.
Normally, chameleon expelled those themselves and need not our help.

it is abnormal when the plugs get stuck on your chameleon's vent blocking the whole thing.

In this case, you can help taking it out by increasing humidity, soaking your cham's vent area in a warm water, and gently pull them out.
But, do make sure that it is in fact a sperm plug, not a hemipenis, before you start pulling it out.

My ~5-6 month old panther has been acting kinda funny over the last day he has been kinda keeping to himself when just before that he would come up to me for a drink or eat no problem.

I noticed his vent is much more noticable than before - although I haven't seen the spermplug. CCould this be the cause in my case lol?

Back
Top Bottom