Chameleon gets angry when light is on

Emi.ea

Good evening,
Idk what’s happened, but it is started 2-3 days ago, when the light is on in chameleon’s terrarium he gets angry and we cannot even open the door or touch him, because he wants to bite us. Before this time we had problems with the lamp and it wasn’t working normally 4-5 days. During this time chameleon himself came out of the terrarium and went to our arms, now he is not ready even to go out of his terr. Maybe anybody of you had such problem? What can we do in this case? I am worried that he is stressed because of anything. Thank you in advance!

Hi and welcome :) I have not had this happen, so Im not sure exactly what is going on. But is there anything on the room that could be stressing him? Can you post some pictures of his cage top to bottom including the lights?

Good evening,
Idk what’s happened, but it is started 2-3 days ago, when the light is on in chameleon’s terrarium he gets angry and we cannot even open the door or touch him, because he wants to bite us. Before this time we had problems with the lamp and it wasn’t working normally 4-5 days. During this time chameleon himself came out of the terrarium and went to our arms, now he is not ready even to go out of his terr. Maybe anybody of you had such problem? What can we do in this case? I am worried that he is stressed because of anything. Thank you in advance!

Would you be able to record this entire procedure/situation on video by any chance? I think being able to see something like this might be helpful for people to truly be able to tell what's going on here.

Have you changed your light schedule by any chance? And regardless, could you share your actual lighting schedule? The more info, the better to help diagnose this. I wonder (assuming it actually is related to the lights) if he simply wants the lights to be off a little longer. I mean I feel that way every morning 😂

Back
Top Bottom