Hummingbird Photo

Dave Weldon

Avid Member
Howdy All,

I've been playing with snapping shots of hummingbirds in my backyard. Still working to get one in perfect focus :eek:.

Hummingbird05-01-11.jpg

Dave that reminds me so much of home. I had 10 feeders on my front porch in Mission Viejo. I had bunches of hummer's. I have yet to see one in Montana but I have heard a few come up here.

You can always email pictures to me.:):) I would love it. I will pm my email.

awsome shot, i love hummingbirds, its strange because every hummingbird i encounter gets really close to me then wanders:D

I love hummingbirds. We have some feeders out but I need a better camera. With my point and shoot I can't get any good photos. My mother-in-law has feeder all around her porch and hummingbird zip back and forth. They don't care if there's a bunch of people on the porch. They will fly right up to your face.

Howdy All,

Home for lunch so I'll post another shot :):

It's a little grainy because I was still set for high speed mode along with 800 ISO so that I could be at 1/500th sec. and f/7.1 if I recall correctly. Next time I'll prep for a sitting hummer and get a sharp shot :eek:.
Hummingbird04-30-11-2.jpg

Sweet shots, particularly like the drink shot, they aren't still for very long. Can't wait till hummers return for the season - I like to camp out at the feeder with a camera too.:)

neat pictures! The ones here always scare the poop out of me when I'm in my backyard. They come to our butterfly bush and always fly right by my head! They make a "voooom" noise right in my ear.

Nice shoots, what kind of camera are you using?
Howdy,

I'm using my Canon T2i DSLR body with the 70-200mmf/2.8L MkII telephoto lens along with a 430EX flash. Some shots have the Canon 2x MkII teleconverter added to the lens to stretch it to 140-400mm but I've found that I can do quite well with it just set to 200mm and not adding the 2x unit to it :).

IMG_0246.jpg

Back
Top Bottom