Humidity vs Ventalation

cdavisrunner

Hey everyone,

I have a male veiled chameleon who is about one year old. He lives in an extra large repit breeze and has been having shedding problems. I know that his cage isn't humid enough. I try my best to keep it humid but living in a place like Denver, CO where we consider 5% humidity to be a very humid day, this is quite the challenge. I've talked to a few people who live around here and they have had success keeping their chams in exo terra terrariums. My worry Matumbo may get the humidity he needs but not the ventilation. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Chris

I also live in the Denver area and have had no trouble keeping my cages humid enough for both Veiled and Panther Chameleons. I use the XL Reptibreeze cages and wrap them in shower curtains to help keep some of the humidity in, I also use all fake plants, and have the A/C running most of the time. I tried keeping one of my girls in an exoterra for a little while, but she quickly developed an RI, they can be difficult to let dry out and drainage is a real problem. Also, the exoterra is not large enough for an adult Veiled.

My humidity is usually about 40% and goes up to 80-90% right after misting. You are welcome to come see my setup anytime if it will help you get yours working properly.

Can you post info and pics of your setups. This may help us to be able to give you ideas and pointers.

Back
Top Bottom