Humidifiers

York1

I was considering using a humidifier in my reptile room during the winter when it gets dry. Should i use a cool or warm mist humidifier? I would also appreciate at suggestions on a good brand and model of humidifier.

veiled and panther plus one cherry head redfoot tortoise. I have a aquazamp mist system for all 3. I just want to keep the humidity up in the room as it gets dry during the winter

I was considering using a humidifier in my reptile room during the winter when it gets dry. Should i use a cool or warm mist humidifier? I would also appreciate at suggestions on a good brand and model of humidifier.

A humidifier that heats water to create "warm mist" is actually boiling the water to make steam (ie...a vaporizer). No need to do this, and the steam will cook anything alive it touches. And, the water reservoir will sit at a pretty warm temp for quite a while after each cycle encouraging bacterial and mold growth if you run it often. Ultrasonic humidifiers produce fog droplets that are sort of at room temp instead. More efficient, and work just fine. Use demineralized or RO filtered water to keep the unit cleaner and free of mineral deposits.

Back
Top Bottom