Humidifiers what you got?!

CamoChameleonsHuman

Chameleon Enthusiast
My Walmart Crane brand humifier took a chameleon poo on me last night. Thankfully I had a back up but it is way loud and doesn't really do that great of a job. Wondering what my Chamily uses and how long it's been working for you? I need a reliable system that won't break the bank. Little tight on cash until Friday.

That has me nervous now because I have a crane humidifier from Walmart also.. how long did yours last? I’m using distilled water in mine.

I deep clean the tank and piping once a week with white vinegar. And change out the old water everyday. I’d like to hear some other people’s cleaning regimens. I’m scared to use bleach I’m sure that wouldn’t be good if the chameleon breathed that in even if you did rinse everything out really well.

That has me nervous now because I have a crane humidifier from Walmart also.. how long did yours last? I’m using distilled water in mine.

I deep clean the tank and piping once a week with white vinegar. And change out the old water everyday. I’d like to hear some other people’s cleaning regimens. I’m scared to use bleach I’m sure that wouldn’t be good if the chameleon breathed that in even if you did rinse everything out really well.
Mine lasted about 5 months. It's still kinda working but I feel the ultrasonic element is malfunctioning causing it to act iradic. It won't do a constant plume or set at the lowest or highest settings. I was using bleach in mine once a week with no issues that I'm aware of. I would rinse it out very well than let it dry for a couple hours.

5 months..that’s not good. I bought mine brand new a couple months ago and have been running it off and on for the last couple months just to dial in how much I need to fog and mist before my boy comes. Hopefully it doesn’t kick the bucket anytime soon

LEVOIT Cool Mist Humidifier, 4.5L Ultrasonic Humidifiers for Bedroom and Babies, Large-Capacity Vaporizer for Large Room, Whisper-Quiet, Auto Shutoff, Lasts up to 40 Hours, 2-Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C96NK8P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7LocDb7CQGJ5E

I've been using this humidifier for about a year for just personal use. I use only distilled water in it, I've never had a problem. I also have a Levoit air purifier which I love.

I wouldn't worry about bleach so long as you dilute it. You can use diluted bleach to clean human drinking vessels, you just need to make sure its diluted, well rinsed, and able to air dry. Vinegar is a natural alternative but you need to be careful with that, as well, as vinegar is corrosive and could ruin seals, gaskets, and tubing over time.

Okay thanks for the info I’ve been wondering about the bleach for awhile now I know it says you can use it to clean with most humidifier instructions but was unsure.

Okay thanks for the info I’ve been wondering about the bleach for awhile now I know it says you can use it to clean with most humidifier instructions but was unsure.

Bleach is just liquid chlorine. You don't want to drink it, but if you dilute it and rinse really well it is fine. Chlorine also evaporates so after you rinse it really well, any potential remnants will evaporate as it dries.

Bleach is just liquid chlorine. You don't want to drink it, but if you dilute it and rinse really well it is fine. Chlorine also evaporates so after you rinse it really well, any potential remnants will evaporate as it dries.
Yeah my routine with the vinegar is to dilute it and let everything like the piping, tank and basin sit in it around for about 20 minutes and then rinse out everything really well and let air dry. This is my deep clean once a week Regimen. My daily regime I just change out the water and wash the pipes out with clean water and let everything dry. I’ll try the deep clean with bleach now since I’m sure that’s a better bacteria killer than vinegar.

LEVOIT Cool Mist Humidifier, 4.5L Ultrasonic Humidifiers for Bedroom and Babies, Large-Capacity Vaporizer for Large Room, Whisper-Quiet, Auto Shutoff, Lasts up to 40 Hours, 2-Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C96NK8P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7LocDb7CQGJ5E

I've been using this humidifier for about a year for just personal use. I use only distilled water in it, I've never had a problem. I also have a Levoit air purifier which I love.
I think I want the LED version they have. You can even set a RH that you want to be at and it will self adjust! Thank you!

I feel like that's not actually the Colorado state flower :LOL:
Well they sell it at every corner store now so I just kinda figured...
I just googled the state flower and yep definitely wasnt what I bought....

The Rocky Mountain Columbine
1-colorado-state-flower-blue-columbines-teri-virbickis.jpg

Back
Top Bottom