how u incubate eggs

cham702

hello forum like I know there is different method on incubating chameleon eggs...like what know soo far there is the closet method snd getting a incubator...like i wanna do the closet method but i dont know anything on incubating chameleon eggs...can u help me out forum thank u

If this is your first time, be sure to check temperatures prior to putting eggs anywhere. Get a thermometer that records the highs and lows for the day.
There shouldn't be a big fluctuation... if you can't find a spot w/o a big fluctuation, you may want to spend a little extra for the incubator -- or get crafty.

If this is your first time, be sure to check temperatures prior to putting eggs anywhere. Get a thermometer that records the highs and lows for the day.
There shouldn't be a big fluctuation... if you can't find a spot w/o a big fluctuation, you may want to spend a little extra for the incubator -- or get crafty.

well its going to be hella cold over pretty soon and i did what u said like my closet is about 70-80 and that during the moring and the afternoon and night r those good temps u think or should be lower syn..

Depends on the species. I don't breed chameleons, but the search feature can tell you a lot.

Depends on the species. I don't breed chameleons, but the search feature can tell you a lot.

o u don't ok ill check that out.. becouse i need that help from sum that has breed panther's..and what i need to do for the eggs and stuff like that help me out fellow forum members pls

Ok I just got off YouTube and I was lookin at this person setup on incubating chameleon eggs like I get it now..but she didn't say how much water to put in the bin for the humidity..becouse I know she said if put too much water it Will mess up the eggs..do u guys know the right amount I should put in the bin..

So... you didn't use the search feature?[/:confused:QUOTE]

Nah I didn't..i did not fill like going through all the threads to find the right one That give me the right info..so there no one on this forum that does the closet for there chameleon eggs..like I need to know asap she make holes but no eggs yet

It's best if you keep panther eggs cool for the first 3 months. I leave mine at 63 and then up the temp after the 3 months. I believe it makes for stronger babies. I have mine in a mini fridge with adjustable temp. Then I move to the closet method.

It's best if you keep panther eggs cool for the first 3 months. I leave mine at 63 and then up the temp after the 3 months. I believe it makes for stronger babies. I have mine in a mini fridge with adjustable temp. Then I move to the closet method.

Ok got u...But like said how much water do I put in the bin for humidity..I don't know that..she said too much water in bin will mess up the eggs..that I need the right amount but she didn't say how much water I need...Or u don't do that for u

Well I incubate in vermiculite and add water till it all looks moist then give it the squeeze test. If it drips there's too much water. You should barley be able to see the water come out. Another way is to check on the eggs a week or two after they're laid and if there's a ton of condensation on the top, tap the top in the sink to get most of it off. Some condensation is good but you don't want drops falling on the eggs.

Well I incubate in vermiculite and add water till it all looks moist then give it the squeeze test. If it drips there's too much water. You should barley be able to see the water come out. Another way is to check on the eggs a week or two after they're laid and if there's a ton of condensation on the top, tap the top in the sink to get most of it off. Some condensation is good but you don't want drops falling on the eggs.

Well I got that one stuff that hatchright stuff from LLL..

There have been mixed results from hatchrite. Seems as if plain vermiculite worms best.

It can be confusing...so pick one way and if it doesn't work for you then try another way...and (obviously) if it works...stick to it.

I have used the coarse vermiculite for over 20 years. I moisten it so that if you take a fist full of it you can not squeeze out more than a drop or two of moisture. I use shoebox sized tupperware like containers and fill them half full of the moistened vermiculite. I punch two very tiny holes in the lids. I lay the eggs in rows on the vermiculite in dents made with my thumb. I put the lid on and put the container where I want to incubate it. The reason for only filling the container half full is so there is room for the babies to move around until I take them out after they hatch.

There will be beads of moisture form on the inside of the lid and container...that's fine....its a mini-ecosystem. The temperature rises and falls a couple of degrees from day to night since the containers are not in an incubator. I put the set-up in the basement where its dark and put a cardboard wall around two sides of the incubator to help keep it dark when I'm in that room.

I don't use a conventional incubator. I use a people's heating pad that has three heat settings. I made a wooden frame to fit over it and covered the frame with screen. I place the containers on top of the screen and set the heating pad at the right setting to produce the right temp. in the containers. (I can raise the frame if need be to get the temp. right.) As I said, I have used this method and unconventional incubator for 20+ years and hatched several species of chameleons, coneheads, waterdragons, lots of gecko species, several turtle species, etc.

Hope this helps!

Alright u ppl I'm just going to roll with I know so far that is just little bet But whatever I'm out see all later...

Cham702, You need to buy a temp/humidity thermometer with indoor/outdoor probe and they are very affordable. I got a few from JoshFrogs and they were about 20 bux each. If you are back and forth on what humidity, closet or not, etc. at least be able to have a clear read on what is actually happening. The refrigerators being used now are sometimes off with the temp settings so it's a good idea to have a thermometer inside this fridge to give an accurate reading. The outdoor probe is on a cord and is tiny enough to place inside your incubation container and into the medium if you want to really be detailed about it. Research what your ranges should be( and they are on this forum and well worth going through old posts to find the info) and get one of these to monitor everything. I can't remember the model but it has min/max readings for temp and humidity as well as min/max for the indoor and outdoor readings. Well worth the small price, especially if you plant to rely on a closet.

Back
Top Bottom