Fertile eggs?

Kaylee123

Hi! My panther chameleon laid eggs 5months ago (she was bred) & They've been in an incubator ever since she laid them. I shined a light on one and I see red veins. Are they fertile if I see that? They’ve gotten bigger since when they first were laid me meaning it’s absorbing water. One of them popped not sure how but i opened it up and there was blood and then a smallllll black dot. What does this mean??

Hi Welcome to the forum. I believe if they pop it could mean the substrait is too moist but I am not 100%
If they have not molded over in 5 months and your seeing veins then they are fertile. They typically from what I have been told will mold within the first month if they are infertile.

@SteveH would you be able to assist this new member?

Yes! Here are the eggs. What do you think?
(When she laid them, I did not rinse them. I just placed them in this container.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 31
Hi Welcome to the forum. I believe if they pop it could mean the substrait is too moist but I am not 100%
If they have not molded over in 5 months and your seeing veins then they are fertile. They typically from what I have been told will mold within the first month if they are infertile.

Yea ca

@SteveH would you be able to assist this new m

I’ve only had 2 mold but that was a week after they’ve been laid.

There are veins but I don’t see anything else.. is this what it usually looks like @5months?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 31
You get it wet, squeeze it until it stops dripping and then place it in the incubation container. There are also some more precise mixing strategies where you weigh the substrate and water.

You get it wet, squeeze it until it stops dripping and then place it in the incubation container. There are also some more precise mixing strategies where you weigh the substrate and water.
But the eggs are still ok? & am I supposed to see anything in the egg when it’s been 5months already?

Back
Top Bottom