How to pick up a Chameleon?

johncjb

So I've had my Oustalet's Chameleon for a few months now and was wondering how I should go about holding him.
At the moment he will sometimes eat from my hand but either stands still or walks away when I try to get him to walk on my hand. He stays a light grey color so I assume he isn't scared. How should I go about getting him to walk onto my hand?

Thanks

My vieled hates mistings so when i mist his cage i put my hand in there so he has an extra place to try and hide. Ive done this since i got him, now everytime i want him to come to me all i have to do is grab the mister open the door and stick my hand in. He walks right on it everytime. I also reward him with window sunshine time too. He knows when to come out too when i open the blinds, slide the window open, and crank open the outter window. By the time i go to his cage door hes already stretched out his front arms waiting for me.

I hold food outside of the cage in a deep container so my panther has to get close enough to eat. I extend my arm to him and he will climb right out on me to get closer. This is new for him but leading up to this point I focused on getting him to eat from my hand. I'm hoping eventually he will just want to come out when he see's me.

I hold food outside of the cage in a deep container so my panther has to get close enough to eat. I extend my arm to him and he will climb right out on me to get closer. This is new for him but leading up to this point I focused on getting him to eat from my hand. I'm hoping eventually he will just want to come out when he see's me.

Will def try this. Thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom