amalthea23

So, this morning I took Drogo to the vet for his eye issue, and that's been handled, but I couldn't help wondering what's the best way to go about the trip with the least amount of stress? It was COLD outside today. Absolutely brutal. Obviously, I kept the car warm. I had him in an explorarium that I wrapped in a thick blanket on the way into the car and into the vet's office. Is that all I can do? Would it have been better to stuff him in my coat? He would have been less exposed to cold, but probably more stressed in the long run. It's not as tough in the summer, but what do you all do with winter vet runs?

I took mine to the vet today too. My vet told me to put an ice pack in the microwave. I put it in the bottom of a box under a blanket so it wouldn't be too warm on her. it worked well and stayed warm.

So, this morning I took Drogo to the vet for his eye issue, and that's been handled, but I couldn't help wondering what's the best way to go about the trip with the least amount of stress? It was COLD outside today. Absolutely brutal. Obviously, I kept the car warm. I had him in an explorarium that I wrapped in a thick blanket on the way into the car and into the vet's office. Is that all I can do? Would it have been better to stuff him in my coat? He would have been less exposed to cold, but probably more stressed in the long run. It's not as tough in the summer, but what do you all do with winter vet runs?

I prepare a cardboard box with a damp towel in the bottom and a perch wedged in place for the cham to grip on to. To keep the box gently warm, you can microwave a water bottle and put it under the towel. Prepare the box a little while before you put the cham in it so it's stable. Most chams just take a nap in the dark during the trip. The vet should be more than happy to reheat your water bottle for the trip home.

Back
Top Bottom