Panther Chameleon not eating! HELP!

The plants were more lively but died off due to lack of water, (I thought my mister provided more water to the plants than it did). I’ve had him pretty much the whole 9 months, since he was the size of my thumb. I have a digital thermometer, his hottest point is around 90 F +- a few degrees depending on room temp. Unfortunately I don’t really gut load my feeders, I stop at petco for crickets and worms once a week pretty much since it’s closest. The crickets eat a high calcium food. There is another reptile store in my area that would probably have some better feeder options. If I can revive him I’ll definitely start focusing on mixing it up more. I also have his sister who is doing completely fine.
You can mix it up now ,what light is his sister under , you can get sticky tongue farms miner all vit to feed insects if you can't afford fresh veg a nd fruit

Definitely work on scheduling a vet appointment ASAP as this cham needs serious medical attention. After that, if he makes it, you should fill out a husbandry review so we can fix your care and prevent any further issues.
I’m going to call vets tomorrow to try and get pricing, I just graduated college so I’m extremely low on funds, however I have a job lined up. I’m hoping I’ll be able to get my mom to help pay for a vet visit as soon as possible.

Attachments

• 20230521_212656.jpg
    20230521_212656.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 46
Just to let you all know I really appreciate all of you taking the time to try and help, it means a lot! I know I seem irresponsible for not being able to afford the vet at the moment, however I got both of my panthers for free when I was finically stable 9 months ago, and did not foresee this financial low, (I figured relatives would send me some money for college graduation haha). I will be working on scraping up enough to take him to the vet or possibly finding him a home with someone who will take him to the vet. Again thank you all for the advice, you are amazing people, please keep it coming.

You may want to look into a reptile rescue in your area and try to hand him over, to see if they can help. If you’re not properly watering, gut loading, can’t afford vet care and you really care about keeping him alive, find a rescue and give him a chance.

You may want to look into a reptile rescue in your area and try to hand him over, to see if they can help. If you’re not properly watering, gut loading, can’t afford vet care and you really care about keeping him alive, find a rescue and give him a chance.
And inappropriate lights for both chameleons

HUGE UPDATE, I’m embarrassed to say but I guess my chams problem was simply that he was very dehydrated. I guess he simply wasn’t drinking water from the fountain or the mister droplets. I just figured he was since his sister has been. I was finally able to get him to gape and gave him water, this made him act a bit more lively. So, I got the old school dripper out and he just drank and drank. I never liked the dripper because it simply drains too fast and needs to be refilled too often when I’m not always home, but clearly he likes it. That was last evening and today he has been eating completely normal and his eyes are no longer sunken.

HUGE UPDATE, I’m embarrassed to say but I guess my chams problem was simply that he was very dehydrated. I guess he simply wasn’t drinking water from the fountain or the mister droplets. I just figured he was since his sister has been. I was finally able to get him to gape and gave him water, this made him act a bit more lively. So, I got the old school dripper out and he just drank and drank. I never liked the dripper because it simply drains too fast and needs to be refilled too often when I’m not always home, but clearly he likes it. That was last evening and today he has been eating completely normal and his eyes are no longer sunken.
Fountains are not recommended. But anyway that is good , you can add a uv line to the dripper too better control flow

I’m glad your chams doing better! However, I still recommend you make the changes suggested in this thread as improper husbandry can lead to more serious health problems in the future. Keep us in the loop!

Back
Top Bottom