How Many Tattoos and Piercings Do You Have?

I just have the normal earrings. I'd like to get small gauges, nothing that wouldn't close back up though.

How hard is it to get a job with all of that? :p

I just have the normal earrings. I'd like to get small gauges, nothing that wouldn't close back up though.

How hard is it to get a job with all of that? :p[/Q

Not very hard I don't think... I just have VERY bad luck and is why I don't have one. I use to work at Hot Topic for a few months and it was AWESOME! I stay home with my son and he loves me the way I am. :D You just have to look for jobs that allow them. I am a Surgical Technologist graduate and they don't care about tattoos but piercings they do. They don't want something to fall off and into someones body cavity. Lol!:eek: I'd just take them out for surgeries.

I'm sure long sleeves solve the tattoo problem, but the piercings have to be hard hehe. :)

My mom won't hire anyone who has too many piercings or allow anyone to volunteer there for that reason... it's silly, but she works at a senior center and they just don't like it. That's why I'd asked.

I'm sure long sleeves solve the tattoo problem, but the piercings have to be hard hehe. :)

My mom won't hire anyone who has too many piercings or allow anyone to volunteer there for that reason... it's silly, but she works at a senior center and they just don't like it. That's why I'd asked.

Man, REALLY old people are just as crazy as young ones. Lol! My mother-in-law said she'd see all of their tattoos when she worked with them and they had them in strange places like you know where. She even said one of them pulled their skin tight to show her his little Lady Bug tattoo. Hahahah!:eek:

The piercing thing, all you have to do is take them out. Tattoos well not so easy.

I know some people who use makeup to cover up their tattoos for their job. That has to be tedious.

i dont have any tattoos, but i have my ears gauged to an inch and my tongue pierced. for job interviews and stuff, i have some flesh colored plugs to put in my ears.

My boyfriend has his ears at 3/4" and he just takes out the jewelry when he has to. His ears go back to their original shape and his hair is a little on the long side so it helps cover up the hole. Plus even with jewelry in his ears are still a normal shape. Just pop a skin toned bandaid on there and BAM no holes.

He ate the skin after I punched his ears and stretched them to a zero. Join the punch club today! ;)

I have a kanji character on the back of my neck. Really simple and not so visible because dental assisting you have to look "professional" but ill prolly get more later on my back or some where else people can't see. I also had gauges that were 0 but I didn't like the smell LOL. Seriously stinks when they get to a certain point, you have to wash them religously. I took em out and now my ear lobes are kinda hard cuz of scar tissue :p

My boyfriend has his ears at 3/4" and he just takes out the jewelry when he has to. His ears go back to their original shape and his hair is a little on the long side so it helps cover up the hole. Plus even with jewelry in his ears are still a normal shape. Just pop a skin toned bandaid on there and BAM no holes.

He ate the skin after I punched his ears and stretched them to a zero. Join the punch club today! ;)

thats disgusting. why would he eat it?

i did mine the old fashioned way with a thumb tack and stretchers. took me less than a year to get to one inch.

The punch club! :)

His ears were not pierced at all. He has fairly big earlobes, so we just decided that it would be quickest to punch out a 8 ga sized hole and stretch it to a 0 immediately since the skin looses its tension. He said it didn't hurt that much, and it only took like two months to heal (like a regular ear piercing.) all together it took about 9 months total to get to 3/4", though there were a few times when they fell out and they started to close again so he had to re-stretch. He wants to go bigger, but I don't want him to loose the natural looking lobe shape for future professional reasons. I think 3/4" is just right for his face :)

I've heard the worst about punching, so many people saying their ears never healed right or never closed up. Meh.

Why on earth do you want to do that to your ears? :confused:I just don't get it. You all seem young and I did alot of things in my teens and early 20's that I cringe at now! And you are all right about the "image" it creates. My husband is GM for his company here in south Florida and wanted to hire this girl from her application and when she walked in with the tatoos...it was bye bye. Company won't allow it! Sad thing is, she was quite qualified for the position!

Last edited:
My brother in law said to me after seeing my full sleeve at least you can wear long sleeves to cover it HUH. He said he would not hire anyone with visible tatoos. So I went and got a neck piece like a true Hoodlum:cool: no hiding that.
My Brother owns a restaurant in Chicago and the add for hiring employees was"too many tatoos and piercings for lettuce call us at Kumas corner and his staff is seriously tatood and pierced. I had 15 piercings in one ear at one time no telling how many are still open I keep about 5 in at any givin time

Well, my boyfriend's parents said it was okay as long as he didn't wear tapers (he wouldn't do something stupid like that anyways.) His mom isn't too fond of them, so she is willing to pay for them to get stitched back up if he needs them to be, for whatever reason.

I don't care about my ears, so whatever. I don't do anything visible. I won't get any tattoos ever because I know I won't be happy with it later. :) I can handle a teeny dot scar. Plus my scars go away after a year or two. :) I only have one scar that hasn't gone away within that time frame, and it was when I skinned almost all of my knee!

I totally understand where you are coming from Carol. I personally try to help friends and peers make well informed thought out choices about permanent things. It doesn't always work, but my closer friends have steered clear of anything permanently visable so I must be doing something right! I say don't do it unless you have a good thought out plan. I also say wait a year, if you still want it then, that's when you start to think about it. You've got all the time in the world to think it out, but it only takes one bad choice/impulse to make the rest of your life a zillion times harder.

Edit: oh yah, sacto. :)

It's not that i'm blowing you off, just don't want to steer the thread off to something it shouldn't you know? Religeon is a touchy subject to most, I should have thought a little more before posting that. :p :) Some of my tattoos have meanings behind them but not all. Some I just got because I like the way they looked and were "cool". Lol!:D

Yeah a Devil Worshiper, anyone with a devil above jesus. Is hell bound. If you didnt know it was true you wouldnt have got the tatoo so obviously you believe in heaven and hell, and you know the devil is in hell, yet you still praise him. Dang whats wrong with this world, oh yeah if we fuss long enough it makes it ok. Nuff said,

Yeah a Devil Worshiper, anyone with a devil above jesus. Is hell bound. If you didnt know it was true you wouldnt have got the tatoo so obviously you believe in heaven and hell, and you know the devil is in hell, yet you still praise him. Dang whats wrong with this world, oh yeah if we fuss long enough it makes it ok. Nuff said,

Although I don't agree with the tattoo as well, there is no need to be hostile and make these accusations. This thread was simply about admiring other's body art, not about Christianity. If you don't like it just don't comment, calling people names will get you nowhere.

calling someone a devil worshiper?hellbound? get outta here with that stuff. better off asking whats wrong with you rather than the world.

Well, my boyfriend's parents said it was okay as long as he didn't wear tapers (he wouldn't do something stupid like that anyways.) His mom isn't too fond of them, so she is willing to pay for them to get stitched back up if he needs them to be, for whatever reason.

I don't care about my ears, so whatever. I don't do anything visible. I won't get any tattoos ever because I know I won't be happy with it later. :) I can handle a teeny dot scar. Plus my scars go away after a year or two. :) I only have one scar that hasn't gone away within that time frame, and it was when I skinned almost all of my knee!

I totally understand where you are coming from Carol. I personally try to help friends and peers make well informed thought out choices about permanent things. It doesn't always work, but my closer friends have steered clear of anything permanently visable so I must be doing something right! I say don't do it unless you have a good thought out plan. I also say wait a year, if you still want it then, that's when you start to think about it. You've got all the time in the world to think it out, but it only takes one bad choice/impulse to make the rest of your life a zillion times harder.

Edit: oh yah, sacto. :)

thats why i waited till i was 21 to do my ears. if i was gonna regret it when im older, i wouldnt have done it.

:rolleyes: Nuff said.

Back
Top Bottom