How Long Without UVB??

How long can chams do without UVB before causing issues? My panthers strip light decided to blow this afternoon and won't be able to get a replacement until Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Will he be ok?

Theoretically, you don't even need to provide any source of artificial UV if you're able to give your cham natural sunlight majority of the time.

Theoretically, you don't even need to provide any source of artificial UV if you're able to give your cham natural sunlight majority of the time.
or you supplemented correctly with d3;) I'm not taking my chances. Ill stick with what works, sun and UVB bulbs and little d3 here and there.

or you supplemented correctly with d3;) I'm not taking my chances. Ill stick with what works, sun and UVB bulbs and little d3 here and there.

A chameleon should be able to synthesize its own Vitamin D3 to a level that is sufficient given that it receives the proper amount of nutrition and sunlight. You can actually raise a perfectly healthy chameleon without EVER providing artificial supplements.

Yea I didn't think they had rep cal or uvb lights in the Wild

people miss my sense of humor sheesh

Last edited:
You asked if they have UVB lights in the wild. They do, it's just not artificial. Instead of coughing an attitude at me, try being a NICE forumer. I can reply to something you asked of someone else, that's the point of a forum, to answer things. They were not suggesting not to get a UVB bulb.

You asked if they have UVB lights in the wild. They do, it's just not artificial. Instead of coughing an attitude at me, try being a NICE forumer. I can reply to something you asked of someone else, that's the point of a forum, to answer things. They were not suggesting not to get a UVB bulb.

NVm and I apologize Im in angry mood and shouldn't be on here anyways. I just wanted to let op know his cham will be just fine with out for a few days no problems. I like to keep it simple.

Funny my rep says I'm just so nice lol. Fitting right. I do know what Im talking about though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom