How Long to Leave Female Veiled in Laying Bin?

Lunirra

I am not breeding my female Veiled. She is about 7 months old now and I have noticed her pacing in the enclosure, whether it be at the top or bottom, she does it almost every day for the past 4 or 5 days now. She went off food but is still drinking as she is not dehydrated. Resembling the behavior of needing to lay, so I readied a laying bucket out of a huge 16x16x16 flower pot in a quiet room and covered it. It's a washed play sand/plain soil mixture, moistened and can keep a tunnel (I tested it first), I have a tiny little peep hole to see in without her noticing, but all she has been doing is more pacing inside, trying to get out it seems. I'm wondering how long I should leave her in there for before putting her back and trying another day? Couldn't find this answer anywhere so figured I'd ask myself. Thanks guys :)

I recommend putting a laying bin in her enclosure and just leaving it there. That way she will have it when she's ready.

The bin was in her enclosure for weeks and only thing she ever did with it was eat the sand (she didn't get compacted luckily) and walk across it while pacing to get out of her enclosure. So I removed it and am placing her in it with it covered for more privacy as suggested by many ppl that have bred them and/or have had or have females. I just don't know how long I should leave her in for. But she has signs of needing to lay but she refuses to do so no matter where the stupid laying bin is and I'm getting fed up and frustrated.

She is my first chameleon, so I'm not 100% sure if she needs to lay but just by judging from her behaviour for the past 4 days it seems like she needs to lay. Here r the photos of her. The one with her being held was taken about 3 days ago, the one in her enclosure was today.
tmp_18682-IMG_20150510_175220819669439.jpg tmp_18682-IMG_20150510_175145-1488538351.jpg

She could have eggs. The only way to know for sure is an X-ray. The best thing to do is always be prepared. Make sure she always has a laying bin available and that it's 10 to 12 inches deep and when she starts to dig give her plenty of privacy.

Back
Top Bottom