How bad is the coronavirus?

How many people have had someone affected they know by coronovirus.

• Immediate family

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Someone you personally know

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No one

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Rather not say...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My wife was assigned to the COVID unit at the hospital she works at. This unit is setup like a frickin joke, plastic hanging everywhere, like hanging plastic is somehow going to contain an airborne virus lmao. So it’s getting pretty scary for us, me and the kids are staying home and she is the only one leaving the house.

Sounds like we're in similar situstions. Hope all is well with you guys.

A girl I know (sarah) single mom supports 2 kids she is a server at 2 nice restaurants, she and her boy & girl 7 & 9 will be homeless very soon.....

It's an airborne virus, wind picks it up Carries it up to the clouds, then it rains down corona virus

My 59 year old neighbor whom I have known for ten years just died and was positive for COVID. She had a pre-existing heart condition that may have been a contributing factor.

My wife and I live in Colorado. Technically a "Hotspot" with over 3k cases. However, in our county we have only 10 positive cases as of yet. My wife and I are both considered "Essential" however, I call it "Sacrificial", so our money is still flowing and bills are still being paid in full and on time. I wouldn't consider what I do to be "Essential" at all at a time like this to be really honest. Essential is our truck drivers, nurses and medical personnel, state and city law enforcement, and grocery and food workers. I work for the leading wind power company nationally and internationally, Vestas. Yes we build energy and infrastructure, but the towers we build now don't go up for at least 2 or 3 years. My belief is I'm "Essential" to our cities economy for one because of how many employees work here, our board of directors, and our customers. Everything we build is to a contract. And I doubt that contract has any national emergency clauses in it.

My wife has 3 small children, one of which is considered high risk with having CP. Our lives have really not been effected at all. Besides not being able to go into places we easily could before like banks, restaurants, and playgrounds for the kids nothings really changed for us. We've always been socially distant. My wife and I are perfect for each other because we both hate people lol. I'm still able to go to the liquor store, gas stations, grocery store, and hell even the dispensaries. I will say that the traffic has been really nice.

It's a shame how much of our civil liberties we have to give up for this virus, but I also understand why. I also don't think it's really going to matter all that much seeing as we're running this in a patchwork approach. Each state, county, city playing by its own rules. The government has closed businesses deemed non essential which just causes everyone to flock into the only business that are left open isn't going to help either. I tend to agree with a Bioligst by the name of Clint, Clint's Reptiles on YouTube, said it best when he said, "what if we shut in the people deemed high risk and just go about business as usual? Theres only 2 ways of stopping this. Either with a vaccine or enough people becoming infected and building antibodies to produce a herd network of protection. More people with antibodies less people the virus can jump to and then infect. People are going to die one way or the other."

Maybe if we could just have had everyone self isolate and maintain the distance and not touch things everyone else might touch without washing their hands (if they did have to go out) and not touching their faces or food with their "unclean" hands, it would have been over in two weeks because if everyone was clear for two weeks it couldn't have gone anywhere. That WAS my dream.

I tend to agree with a Bioligst by the name of Clint, Clint's Reptiles on YouTube, said it best when he said, "what if we shut in the people deemed high risk and just go about business as usual?

This is basically what happened in Korea and by most measures was a great success, but I think it was dependent on 2 important factors:

1. Convenient, readily available and *widespread* testing. There was no shortage of testing facilities or kits here. Most people were able to get tested for free if they showed some mild respiratory symptoms or had recently traveled to or from a hotspot. Even if you didn't fall into either category, you could get tested for a relatively low fee.

2. Korea has a strong culture of taking anything health-related very seriously. You could call it a hypochondriac culture. There was a mass boycott of McDonalds when one girl got severely ill after eating a hamburger. There was a (false) report many years back that you could die if you had a fan blowing on you while you sleep. To this day many Koreans I know don't sleep with a fan blowing on them for this reason, even during hot summers. The government didn't have to order people to wear masks - people were already forming 2 hour lines at pharmacies to stock up. They didn't have to order people to practice social-distancing, they were doing it already.

Unfortunately, I think neither of the 2 factors above apply to the United States. Number 1 can be solved over time, but I think large swaths of the American population will keep believing that Covid-19 is no big deal, or an overblown media hoax until the day they or someone close to them dies. ?

My sister is a nurseZ. Her hospital is having staff wear the same PPE for 3 days, and placing it in a paper bag after shift (thereby contaminating it all for the wearer :rolleyes:). She is very afraid from what she has seen... afraid for my parents especially.

The plastic being hung as mentioned above is likely because they’ve found that putting covid patients on a respirator creates an aerosol that stays in the air for hours. Her hospital was initially using the hospitals TB / negative pressure rooms for those on a resp, or otherwise they didnt get one and they were given inhalers (far less effective). Im sure that has changed as much as it can seeing as they’re likely seeing an influx.

I know the conspiracies about this being a gov hoax to take away our rights... but do people believe the entire world would really screech to a halt, shut down and sacrifice its economies, and make themselves incredibly vulnerable... just to flex its muscles?

All this was foreseen, for Isolation madness watch the 1996 movie 12 monkeys with Bruce Willis....

Was told my step mother was transferred to the hospital, she has some type of IV sewn into her wrist now. No assisted breathing, I was also told they took her two cats and are housing them.

12 monkeys = China's wet markets???

Back
Top Bottom