How bad is the coronavirus?

How many people have had someone affected they know by coronovirus.

• Immediate family

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Someone you personally know

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No one

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Rather not say...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SourGrape4u

Avid Member
We are a chameleon family here and the news always hides a lot of truth. So I am just wondering in our little community how many have been affected by this virus and have it. The vote is if you know someone that has been tested positive. Please dont answer yes if you know someone that knows someone that has, no he say she say type stuff. You can pick more than one answer also.

I'm thinking I had it several weeks ago before it was big in the US. Have no way to prove it, but I had all the signs and repeatedly said to my wife it was the weirdest virus I've ever had(before I even knew much about the corona). I was somewhere I could have been exposed(flying, international crowds). Wife is also a nurse so maybe from there too. I lost my smell and taste 100% for almost a week. I've NEVER had that happen. It wasn't like I was all stuffy and just couldnt smell, even after I felt better, it was just absent. Could have eaten dog crap and it would have tasted and smelled like nothing. Coughed mucus up for weeks, started as a dry cough, etc. Overall, it wasn't that bad for me(if that's what I had). I took a few days of just chilling out and didn't lift weights for a week. That's about it....

I know I know, I'm being one of those people just guessing when I'm not certain, but it was much weirder than normal and took a month to entirely disappear. I have toddlers and get sick often from them, yet this was different. I believe they had it too. My one even had a 104 fever.

It seems for recorded cases of it, the severity is all over. Some having nothing but cold symptoms while another guy is going to die that my wife was with yesterday(he was in 70s though). Some young people seem to be having extreme symptoms too, but not often. She said there was a 20 year there that needed oxygen and was basically drowning in mucus. This is firsthand from a nurse so I trust what she's saying lol.

My wife's friend is on a respirator.
I hope they pull through. I’m the one running the ventilators in the hospital. And yes, the hospital is not taking the greatest care of it’s employees. Someone I work closely with is very sick at home, that means I have had direct contact with a Covid positive person, my hospital refuses to test me, or the dozens of other personnel that person had come in contact with. To earn a test I’ll have to present with symptoms. This is worrying being that somewhere between 50-80% of positive tests are coming from a-symptomatic patients worldwide. Luckily we still have adequate PPE at the moment, I’ll find out more when I go back to work tonight. Stay safe everyone.

My step mother just tested positive and she's 87, I can't even visit her. She's at home with medical staff that stops in. No ventilator but being watched closely. Started with her losing bowel movements, the runs. She can't talk but a few words right now with coughing. She has an oxygen tank with her and I think she's debating on trying some type of trial drug. Not sure as of yet as info is scarce. She's stubborn and private so it's difficult. Ambulance showed up yesterday and thought they might take her in but didn't. Kinda scary so close :(

I hope everyone will be alright. Never seen anything like this in my lifetime and can't believe how many people won't do the distancing and isolation.

Can't believe the people who are hiding their symptoms to go on a plane or go erever and risk infecting others. That one really gets me.

Ya it's bad, never thought it would linger on surfaces so long. I think they tested one of the cruse ships after everyone disembarked and found it was still active about 14 days after. I'm now catching myself looking around my home, like what have I gotten from her lately and still need to go to her other home and deal with property issues. Scared to go in there as I have two underlying conditions myself. It's giving me a headache thinking about it all...

I hate it but still have to work. Manager at work of online sales, IT and shipping. kinda been just wanting not to show up.

My wife was assigned to the COVID unit at the hospital she works at. This unit is setup like a frickin joke, plastic hanging everywhere, like hanging plastic is somehow going to contain an airborne virus lmao. So it’s getting pretty scary for us, me and the kids are staying home and she is the only one leaving the house.

I'm thinking I had it several weeks ago before it was big in the US. Have no way to prove it, but I had all the signs and repeatedly said to my wife it was the weirdest virus I've ever had(before I even knew much about the corona). I was somewhere I could have been exposed(flying, international crowds). Wife is also a nurse so maybe from there too. I lost my smell and taste 100% for almost a week. I've NEVER had that happen. It wasn't like I was all stuffy and just couldnt smell, even after I felt better, it was just absent. Could have eaten dog crap and it would have tasted and smelled like nothing. Coughed mucus up for weeks, started as a dry cough, etc. Overall, it wasn't that bad for me(if that's what I had). I took a few days of just chilling out and didn't lift weights for a week. That's about it....

I know I know, I'm being one of those people just guessing when I'm not certain, but it was much weirder than normal and took a month to entirely disappear. I have toddlers and get sick often from them, yet this was different. I believe they had it too. My one even had a 104 fever.

It seems for recorded cases of it, the severity is all over. Some having nothing but cold symptoms while another guy is going to die that my wife was with yesterday(he was in 70s though). Some young people seem to be having extreme symptoms too, but not often. She said there was a 20 year there that needed oxygen and was basically drowning in mucus. This is firsthand from a nurse so I trust what she's saying lol.

I wonder if I had it as well... though Im not sure where I would have been exposed. It was right around the start of it in US.

Had low grade fever for over a week, sore throat... and things had a very weird taste. Headache. I cant remember if I was stuffed up or runny, or both. I didnt feel horrible but bad enough to stay home. My sister (nurse) thought maybe I had the flu.

Back
Top Bottom