Housing males and females together

kearth

With the except of the pygmies.. Is there any chams that can be housed males and female together?

I am thinking of getting a cham or two down the road. ( I use to have veileds and I currently have pygmies).

DAmn that sucks... I was hoping for one very large enclosure.

That is ok I can go for making two. or maybe get another meller and just free range them both.

Thank you guys.

You would have to have a REALLY big enclosure to have two chams in it. I like the idea of the Mellers. I really wish I could have a meller cham but I do not have the room in my apartment =[

quads

T. quadricornis are often found together in natural habitat; I have always kept them together, unless there is a specific personality conflict. I always have spare cages for separating individuals who need privacy, or are causing problems. I understand some other high-elevation sp. are somewhat social.

well , senegal chameleons are known for being able to live together in male and female trios. ONly one male!

well , senegal chameleons are known for being able to live together in male and female trios. ONly one male!

Really?
That is not the information I have on this species and I have done a decent amount of research on them.

There are species that are more communal than others. With larger species, the safest way to keep them is as individuals.
Keeping groups requires a great deal of observation and the ability to recognize when there are problems and the situation should be changed.
I would not recommend keeping animals together unless you have been working with them for a significant amount of time and have a lot of time to devote to observation.

-Brad

Really?
That is not the information I have on this species and I have done a decent amount of research on them.

There are species that are more communal than others. With larger species, the safest way to keep them is as individuals.
Keeping groups requires a great deal of observation and the ability to recognize when there are problems and the situation should be changed.
I would not recommend keeping animals together unless you have been working with them for a significant amount of time and have a lot of time to devote to observation.

-Brad

The business i was buying from had them in this HUGE enclosure and even with all the space wherever one went so did the others ! It looked crazy,

Really?

-Brad

Thank you. I dont have large amounts of experince with any chameleons so i will just work on two enclosure after i figure out what kind I want to get.

Back
Top Bottom