Homemade Rain system. cheap and effective

MrScowt

ok guys i have perfected my homemade rain system and from home depot i got everthing for like 30 bucks. maybe a bit more.
materials: 120v to 24v transformer.
a sprinkler solenoid valve.
desired head (as in type of spray...fogger...sprayer...etc)
tubing and fitting for tubing from valve to tube.
and lastly a pump sprayer with the hose. like for pesticides
and again fittings for that to your valve.

so basically in a nutshell
spray pump->solenoid->spray head. easy. the transformer is wired to the solenoid also easy. just twist them together.

plug it in and done. if you want it timed buy a cheap 10 dollar digital timer from walmart like i did. it lets me put nine programs at once.

I will require pictures of your system. It sounds simple and clean and I'm a big fan of Lowes/Home Depot. I'm actually buying a dimmer switch from there to modulate some heat rope I'm buying soon for the roach bins.

Sounds nice!

Please post pics or a video of it in action! Sounds super simple and easy to set up.

Sweet!! I install and service inground sprinkler systems. I had a nice little outside setup at my old house with a controller and all that jazz. Its really easy to work with that type of stuff!

wow!

for only being roughly around $30 bucks isn't bad at all...if i ever decide to do an outside cage set up for next summer i'll be sure to make one of your rigs! haha

Yessss, this is exactly what I was looking for. Nice little project for tomorow well um actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot

Great video MrScowt (although the lighting was awful and I couldn't see anything that was black colored lol). Is the nozzle drilled through the top screen? I assume so since it was inside the enclosure. What is the name of that reservoir? I've seen them before but want to be able to reference it by name when I go to Lowe's or Home Depot.

*Edit: actually if you could post the names/brands of the items used, that would be FANTASTIC.

I found what I think is the sprayer/reservoir: http://www.lowes.com/pd_303984-1306-190254_4294728527__?productId=3031826&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

841688001787xl.jpg

But I'm still iffy on the actual nozzle/tubing/ and which solenoid valve you have that was so cheap! How is the tubing affixed?

The solenoid was Orbit. The sprayer was just a 10 dollar one. So was the solenoid. The transformer was by rainbird also in sprinkler section. The fittings are just as needed to fit the stuf you got. Reading boxes helps. The only ones i used were 2 reducers->barb fittings which id recomend. Hope this helps.

How long are each of the three spraying sessions? I would imagine 30 seconds is sufficient or so?

Back
Top Bottom