hiss when drinking?

Britgold

my chameleon when she drinks and opens her mouth wide kinda makes a hissing noise.. could that be respitory problems or is that normal because i just have a feeling something is wrong with her respitory system.. but if thats normal i can sleep easy..

She could have aspirated some water.

They will often raise their noses in the air and open their mouths after drinking a lot of water.

yeah that's what she was doing.. ok just making sure that's ok because i'm still a little nervous about the respitory thing..thank you

ok well today when she was drinking she was doing that like gasping for air thing again.. that hissing kinda sound. i really cant imagine that being normal.. she does it for a while after she stops drinking and i'm getting scared cuz i think i'm starting to hear that popping noise which isn't good. :(

How are you giving her the water? If she is taking it in too fast then she might have aspirated some....which could cause problems.

well when i dont see her really drink we go to the sink and she sits in one hand and with my other i leave it under water and then move it a few inches above her face and the droplets fall on her

I hope this isn't the kitchen sink??

I don't use a dripper on my hatchlings until they are several months old. Its too easy for them to aspirate water.

well whats another suggestion on getting her to drink? i wanna make sure she does and that seems to be the only way i can know for sure

Back
Top Bottom