Hi From Canada

Hi, i know this thread is 2 years old, but i am trying to find Canadian Breeders, & when you mentioned "Canopy Chameleons" i got pretty excited, until i searched & found out they are in Texas! Does anyone have new info to share with me? I am looking for Panthers

Hi, i know this thread is 2 years old, but i am trying to find Canadian Breeders, & when you mentioned "Canopy Chameleons" i got pretty excited, until i searched & found out they are in Texas! Does anyone have new info to share with me? I am looking for Panthers

ChromaChameleons and Chameleon Nation, both site sponsors, have panthers. As do I (not a sponsor, its just a hobby for me).

thank you so much for your response! Chameleon Nation's website was down, but i put in an inquiry on gettting 1 of Hollywood's son's at Chroma Chameleons!

The red deer expo sometimes has chameleons, and I think canopy chameleons goes to that one, there a member on this forum, but I don't think they have a website

i would try and find a breeder in the west, doesnt have to be a sponsor. our canadian sponsors have great chams, but i inquired shipping cost recently and it was going to be around 100$ per cham. and i live in the same province and area code they are in. unless you are a full out hobbiest or cannot good panthers anywhere else in your area or province, i wouldnt find it too worth it for a beginner. jmho, and i am in no way putting down nation and croms at all, they have beautiful pure CB and am sure their business is great, but that is just humbly alot too much money for a cham im sure you could find closer.

i would try and find a breeder in the west, doesnt have to be a sponsor. our canadian sponsors have great chams, but i inquired shipping cost recently and it was going to be around 100$ per cham. and i live in the same province and area code they are in. unless you are a full out hobbiest or cannot good panthers anywhere else in your area or province, i wouldnt find it too worth it for a beginner. jmho, and i am in no way putting down nation and croms at all, they have beautiful pure CB and am sure their business is great, but that is just humbly alot too much money for a cham im sure you could find closer.
Are you saying shipping should be free?

of course not syn, thats stupid. but for somewhere only a couple hours away from me, 100$ is a little to high. they gotta make money i understand that. and some do ship free, not livestock of course, but i could get a mistking shipped free because im only 20 minutes away from them and they dont do in house pick ups.

im simply saying that 100$ x 4 provinces away.. you do the math

of course not syn, thats stupid. but for somewhere only a couple hours away from me, 100$ is a little to high. they gotta make money i understand that. and some do ship free, not livestock of course, but i could get a mistking shipped free because im only 20 minutes away from them and they dont do in house pick ups.

im simply saying that 100$ x 4 provinces away.. you do the math
So ask if they will allow pick up. Unless driving out to them will cost more than $100.. I don't know how far away they are but overnight shipping is overnight shipping. Blame the postal service for that one, not the user.

So ask if they will allow pick up. Unless driving out to them will cost more than $100.. I don't know how far away they are but overnight shipping is overnight shipping. Blame the postal service for that one, not the user.

And shipping live animals seems to be more expensive in Canada than in the US. :( If you know anyone doing it for less than 100$, please tell me!!

Pickups are the best anyway, for both the animal and your bank account!

PS: It is not 100$ per province by the way. In the worst case it is up to 185$.
http://www.aircanada.com/cargo/en/services/document/pet_pricing_cdn2.pdf

PPS: I have not checked any other airplane companies, so this one may not be the less expensive one!

Chroma is Great - Im sure you will be very happy with your animal :)

I have never bought anything from Harry (ChromaChameleons), but he replies to his emails very fast and is very nice, not to say very helpful. So if the non-customer service is that good, i can't imagine the customer service! ;) At the end, if i had to buy anything from him in the future, i would do it without a doubt!

i wasnt looking for a panther and no jacksons or quads are availabe, i doubt they would allow that anyways. and i wasnt blaming them, did i not write that im not talking them down at all?

morphee, have you been quoted before? i havnt but just taking a guess. regardless, an extra almost 200$ on top of a 350+ animal, is kind of unnecessary in my opinion.

Okay this post really confuses me.. hope I'm not the only one...

you asked why dont i go pick it up? because i have no need too, where i inquired only had panthers for sale at the time, an im not interested in panthers at the moment. sry to confuse you. with that being said, i have no reason to ask if i could pick up from them, and i doubt they would let someone in house pick up anyways.

Back
Top Bottom