Hey alll

braydon

hey all
i am new too this site and it really looks pretty cool
i am going to buy a veiled chameleon in the next month as the eggs have hatched yesturday and they cant be sold unless there one month old i am so happy
i was after some help
i have a left over tank that i am not useing a exo terra tank 90 x 45 x 60 cm 34" x 18" x 24" (WxDxH) is that suitable

instead of growing plants in pots can i grow them in the tank with about 3cm of gravil for drainage then a 1cm layer of charcol then potting mix on the top about 15-20cm

is there any hints or anything i can use to make my veilds look as good as the ones you see that they look like they are painted lol

and wat would be the best lights be for it and i only want to use exo terra lights

cheers braydon

thanks brad for the reply
sorry but none of that info didn't really help me as that i have read it before and it help alot before
sorry but i still need some help:(

cheers braydon

sorry but i still need some help:(

any advise you get here will be the same as what is said in the website that Brad posted above.

If it didn't help with educating you on how to successfully keep a chameleon and why the set up your are suggesting is not ideal, then you may need to reconsider a chameleon.

Seriously, almost all of your questions should be answered in the site he linked to.

Zoomed makes better lights than Exoterra. That size tank sounds fine for a small baby veiled, but you would have to buy or make a considerably bigger enclosure in a few months. Don't try to grow plants in the bottom of it, that sounds like a mess. The sheer volume of water will just make a muddy puddle mess of bacteria and whatever else. That type of setup works for pygmies; they're only a fraction of the size and need a fraction of the amount of water that larger chameleons need. It's really easy to keep small live plants in pots, I would recommend that for simplicity.

hey all
i am new too this site and it really looks pretty cool
i am going to buy a veiled chameleon in the next month as the eggs have hatched yesturday and they cant be sold unless there one month old i am so happy
i was after some help
i have a left over tank that i am not useing a exo terra tank 90 x 45 x 60 cm 34" x 18" x 24" (WxDxH) is that suitable

instead of growing plants in pots can i grow them in the tank with about 3cm of gravil for drainage then a 1cm layer of charcol then potting mix on the top about 15-20cm

is there any hints or anything i can use to make my veilds look as good as the ones you see that they look like they are painted lol

and wat would be the best lights be for it and i only want to use exo terra lights

sorry but none of that info didn't really help me as that i have read it before and it help alot before
sorry but i still need some help

cheers braydon

cheers braydon

I think that you need to take the next month to go through the threads on here and really figure out what you will need, already you sound like you are going off into the wrong direction.
You didnt happen to get your cham care knowledge from a pet store salesman did you?:cool:
Listen to Brad he knows a thing or two about what he is talking about.

ok thanks guys for your help i was wondering

cheers braydon

Back
Top Bottom