He's getting chunky

Ashley

I have a 2 year old ambilobe and I think he is gaining some weight...

He just finished his Albon treatment this week because we found parasites. He wasn't really acting any different, just less of an appetite so we thought we would check and we are lucky we did.

He still has a diminished appetite but I had heard that the Albon would do that, my question is....why on earth is he a bit chunkier if he has been eating less? It's not gout or anything, not limb swelling, just a huskier look to him.

My only guesses are that something is wrong, or that he just hit his full size and is just filling out

Parasites often swell up the animal a little... Unfortunately it's what happened to my girl b4 she passed. I thought she was maybe getting ready to lay eggs cuz she got chunky.. But then out of no where she looked very ill and i took her to the vet and she was infested with parasites :(

It kinda started towards the end of the treatment, and the parasites are gone now. I am sorry to hear about your girl. I do not know what i would do if I lost my little girl. I think she is by far my favorite. The sweetest cham I own, and all my chams are very mild mannered....I feel very lucky that they do not feel too threatened by me

Thanks for the info. I'll make sure by taking him the vet again, she would know

Thanks, I kinda wished for it because he has always been on the lean side and I have always wanted him to have some meat on his bones but didn't want to overfeed him and make him fat....

Back
Top Bottom