Hermies bloodwork

Jam

Well, we got hermie's bloodwork rechecked today and his phosphorus levels came down a little... but not very much. vet thinks that herm is probably starting to go into kidney failure since we didn't see a very good response to the antibiotics this time. :( Attitude wise he is better though (the subq fluids probably help) and he is eating up a storm.

I think I might bite the bullet and get him an automatic mister. part of me hates spending the $$ if he is going to die in the near future ... but part of me thinks that his kidneys will do better if he can stay hydrated all day while I am at work and school with the automistings .... and hopefully we can cut back on his subq fluids (vet wants us to keep those up).

Right now he's sunning himself in the window (glass up, screen only). He'll be 4 this october .... and the vet says it's amazing that he's made it this long.

automatic mister is the best investment for your chamleon if you have the money.
It's seriously the best money i have ever spent (apart from buying the actual chameleon itself).:)

I hope Hermies will get better soon.

Hey Jam

If you look on Craigslist you might find a good deal on a humidifier. I found a $200 one for $50. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom