Hemi penis prolapse

OOOst16

Established Member
Ok so 1 yr. old Yemen, is pooping normally. Eating normally. Acting normally. And is housed correctly . Now I'm stumped. Because he has this light plush pink nub that sticks out of his vent. Now....he can pull it back in. It has been sticking out for about 3weeks now. He pulls it in and out all the time. And releases sperm plugs from it . Now this nubs about 3 millimeters long. Plush pink. So it's not dead. I have bathed him in warm water.....and he pushed out the whole hem penis. And then retracted it all back in. But then let just this little bit hang out on one side....I'm so confused....I havent taken him to the vet yet because he can retract it back in.....and it's not a full hemipenis....its just the nub on one side. So anyone have any ideas? I thought maby the weight was affecting it.....is so over the past weeks I've put him on a diet. He's lost weight in grams, and is in the perfect weight range for his age. So anyone got any ideas on how to get him to keep this nub in for good? As stated he acts completely normal. And his poops are every 2-3 days like they should be.

Last edited:
That's what I thought to.....but some days he will let it hang out all day....and it's not the whole thing. Just the beglining. So i figured a flash would be the whole thing.

Yeah...just so happens money is very tight. And can't really afford it unless it's a dire emergency. I will never breed him, so that's not an issue, and he's been living a normal chameleon life. So for now I'm not going to the vet. If it turns purple or any other color then pink, then obviously I will go. For now he's fine. And it's not infected. And like stated....he can pull in it....so it's not like it's all hanging out and he can't bring it back in.

I just want to know if anyone has experienced is before.....and if they have. How was it fixed?

That of course was my supection. I did shower him with warm water. He en released the plug, and pulled it all back in. But the next day it was out again with another plug stick in out.....so i gently pulled it out with no issue. The nub went back in....and then another time .....it was out again with another sperm plug.....so I'm thinking I'll just keep showering him.

That of course was my supection. I did shower him with warm water. He en released the plug, and pulled it all back in. But the next day it was out again with another plug stick in out.....so i gently pulled it out with no issue. The nub went back in....and then another time .....it was out again with another sperm plug.....so I'm thinking I'll just keep showering him.

Not being a vet...but I agree with you that he probably just can't dislodge a sperm plug and when he finally does he'll be fine...If it does start sticking out all the way continuously then definitely take him to the vets

Of course. When I did first see the full thing when I was bathing him in the warm water.....it scared me to death. Thank Lordy Lordy Lordy lort that he pulled it back in. Haha

Of course. When I did first see the full thing when I was bathing him in the warm water.....it scared me to death. Thank Lordy Lordy Lordy lort that he pulled it back in. Haha

That would scare me to death also! Actually the first time I saw them it did. I had no idea what to think since I had never had a cham before :eek:
I guess there is a first time for everything...LOL especially with chams :)

Back
Top Bottom