Help!!!!

Ryan123

okay so i got these two females yesterday in the mail so i get them out and one is gravid so i put them in their cage (they have been sharing a cage for quite some time) so today i see her digging so i find out she just laid a fertile clutch just a little bit ago (so they may are retained) and i was wondering something
1.) how do i correctly take these eggs out? like she doesnt want to see me taking them out right???? can anyone give me a step by step???

thanks
ryan

gotta go get some vermiculite lol

Remove the container that they are in and slowly remove them. You will have to dig. They are soft. Just place them in a box with vermilicite and do not move them again. You do not have to clean them. Also put them in the dark. They do not like direct light of any form and now its time to wait.

Carefully remove the laying bin or plant that she laid in. CAREFULLY AND SLOWLY dig until you find pearly white eggs. Do not turn or rotate them at all as you slowly place them in the vermiculite(I assume you know how to get that ready). Then store them away and try not to check on them too much! Its a LOOONG ass wait man. I have had mine since Nov 1st and it seems like a year has went by...

alright this sucks cuz she laid in a ten gal with 50 pounds of moist sand.....i just went out and got vermiculite do places have to sell such huge bags???? :( lol i only need a little.....i just moisten it with water but not too moist not too dry?? right... ummmm why dont i rotate them or turn???? damn this is gonna be a hard process if its gonna be a huge clutch she started laying at 11am and its 8:15pm and she has laid before thats pretty long i just peeked with some binoculars and she is covering them up now and should be done soon she is so sandy :( i cant wait to get her in the shower

alright this sucks cuz she laid in a ten gal with 50 pounds of moist sand.....i just went out and got vermiculite do places have to sell such huge bags???? :( lol i only need a little.....i just moisten it with water but not too moist not too dry?? right... ummmm why dont i rotate them or turn???? damn this is gonna be a hard process if its gonna be a huge clutch she started laying at 11am and its 8:15pm and she has laid before thats pretty long i just peeked with some binoculars and she is covering them up now and should be done soon she is so sandy :( i cant wait to get her in the shower

Ya it takes some time to get them out but it is worth it! You can't rotate the eggs because it can kill them( idk this, BUT I heard it a lot) so just to be on the safe side dont rotate them. Search vermiculite to find the right water mix(I use hatchrite) My cham had 40 and it took me hours to do all this, but it was fun. Get you verm. ready b4 you dig them out. You should clean/feed/water her b4 you dig them out too.

okay thanks :) ummmm what do you mean hatch right??? i just poured a cup or so of water put my hand over the verm. and let all the excess water run out while i pushed gently on it then i mixed it up a bit and took some pinches of it and squeezed and made sure no water dripped of and none did so that alright right???

Back
Top Bottom