HELP NEW VEILED MOM

Corinthiax3

Hey guys I’m new to the forum as well as being a chameleon mom I have a female veiled who I was told was about 4months old when I got her so now about 5m old I’ve had a laying bin In her enclosure since a week after I got her just so I wouldn’t have to worry about moving stuff around but I’ve notice the past week she’s showing all the signs (atleast I think) that she was looking for somewhere to lay scratching at the walls digging at the bottom and when I open the door she sometimes try’s to come out but she isn’t interested whatsoever in the bin I was using a plastic flower pot about 14 in deep about 10-12 across with a bromeliad in it I just changed it to a larger fabric bin with more area in hopes that’ll be the only place to go. Sorry for being so long like I said new here I guess what I’m asking for is any tips tricks advice pointers ANYTHING as I want her to have a long and happy life, that’s the ONLY reason o got her actually she was a triple discounted petco chameleon and I could not stand to see her go to the little kid that was eyeballing her so I snatched her up and have been panicking everyday since lol. I’ll attach pictures so you guys can help out. Thanks!

Also to answer a few questions I normally see I do not hold her unless for some reason she climbs onto me when she startled herself or something which has happened maybe 4 times.
Since I’ve notcice her showing the signs I mentioned I covered her cage and only uncover when I drop her crickets in and recover to make sure I’m not bugging her

Attachments

• 37CC6C55-E7EB-4085-BDED-2C6FA0CFDBB9.jpeg
    37CC6C55-E7EB-4085-BDED-2C6FA0CFDBB9.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 183
  • A74EDDA7-3184-44E8-89B4-5B3579B8D539.jpeg
    A74EDDA7-3184-44E8-89B4-5B3579B8D539.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 1F784667-7AED-4921-9E74-92FE6CBDEB79.jpeg
    1F784667-7AED-4921-9E74-92FE6CBDEB79.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 155
  • EC748BEC-25B1-4AF4-A689-D590E6E57FAA.jpeg
    EC748BEC-25B1-4AF4-A689-D590E6E57FAA.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 173
  • A73C0477-2A92-4CA1-90F6-39D433BA1C94.jpeg
    A73C0477-2A92-4CA1-90F6-39D433BA1C94.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 9796207C-FA2B-4CA9-AFA2-28EAB27DBE6A.jpeg
    9796207C-FA2B-4CA9-AFA2-28EAB27DBE6A.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 179
Howso with her eye ? I think she was trying to watch me lol but I’ll look at the pic again and let me fill that thing your real quick

• our Chameleon - Female veiled was told 4months a month ago by the petco worked and has been in my care about a month
  • Handling - Almost never I’ve held her about 5 times and only when she crawls onto me
  • Feeding - 8-10 large crickets everyday the crickets eat those orange cubes as well as some re hydrated reptile munchies mix
  • Supplements - I don’t have the packaging for the multi or calcium as I keep them in labeled salt and pepper shakers :/ but calcium I try to do everyday (try because I have missed a day before) and multi once a week
  • Watering - She has a dripper that drips down some fake leaves that I’ve never seen her use but keep available and I most her 3x A day and I see her drink while doing so
  • Fecal Description - chocolaty brown moist with a popcorn yellow and sometimes white lately she’s been pooping more but smaller as before it was like the size of a goose poop every two days
  • History - not much history on her as I got her about a month ago from petco she’s had one shed with me that’s about it

Info:
  • Cage Type - screen reptibreze large
  • Lighting - I have this http://links.zoomed.com/lf-30 that came with the kit it says there’s daylight blue 60watt and repti sun compact 5.0 fluorescent 13watt
  • Temperature - i have the temp gage that came with the cage it currently reads at near basking but about 6inches away 78.1° the lower level not quite floor is read by the humidity/temp gage mention below and says 75° It also reads that in the last 24hrs the low was 63° and high 79° (this is lower in the cage) 63° would be over night
  • Humidity - at this moment it’s 50% but usually about 65% and I’m using one a family memeber gave me from a grow room so I assume it’s pretty accurate
  • Plants - one bromeliad
  • Placement - in my bedroom not near any vents or windows by a door that’s not open or closed very often usually closed or open with nobody walking by it our house is almost always 70° as my mom likes it boiling lol
  • Location - Oregon

I tried to take video but won’t let me post but here’s closer of eye

Attachments

• 422977D5-7E39-4E12-B9AE-7871C6ABD44B.jpeg
    422977D5-7E39-4E12-B9AE-7871C6ABD44B.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 310DFC04-FDEA-4F22-A537-94D4114CCADB.jpeg
    310DFC04-FDEA-4F22-A537-94D4114CCADB.jpeg
    290.1 KB · Views: 108
Best I can get without really invading her bubble also I’m leaving my house for a bit but can try to reply still. I really appreciate y’all !

Ok I can see a few things that need changing. This is not your fault since petsmart/ Petco people usually don’t know what they are talking about especially with chameleons. So let’s begin.

our Chameleon - Female veiled was told 4months a month ago by the petco worked and has been in my care about a month
  • Handling - Almost never I’ve held her about 5 times and only when she crawls onto me
  • Feeding - 8-10 large crickets everyday the crickets eat those orange cubes as well as some re hydrated reptile munchies mix
loose the orange cubes and reptile munchies. You should gutloading with dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, carrots, squash, zucchini, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, berries, apples, pears, melon
Supplements
- I don’t have the packaging for the multi or calcium as I keep them in labeled salt and pepper shakers :/ but calcium I try to do everyday (try because I have missed a day before) and multi once a week

You want to use a calcium withou d3 every feeding. Use a calcium with d3 twice a month and a multivitamin twice a month
  • Watering - She has a dripper that drips down some fake leaves that I’ve never seen her use but keep available and I most her 3x A day and I see her drink while doing so
How long do you mist for?
  • Fecal Description - chocolaty brown moist with a popcorn yellow and sometimes white lately she’s been pooping more but smaller as before it was like the size of a goose poop every two days
The yellow part should be white. That is the urates (chameleon pee) yellow means she is dehydrated. That could also explain the eye.

History - not much history on her as I got her about a month ago from petco she’s had one shed with me that’s about it

Info:
  • Cage Type - screen reptibreze large
  • Lighting - I have this http://links.zoomed.com/lf-30 that came with the kit it says there’s daylight blue 60watt and repti sun compact 5.0 fluorescent 13watt
You will want to change out the uvb for a t5 ho 5.0 linear uvb.
  • Temperature - i have the temp gage that came with the cage it currently reads at near basking but about 6inches away 78.1° the lower level not quite floor is read by the humidity/temp gage mention below and says 75° It also reads that in the last 24hrs the low was 63° and high 79° (this is lower in the cage) 63° would be over night
Basking temp should be 85 for a female veiled.
  • Humidity - at this moment it’s 50% but usually about 65% and I’m using one a family memeber gave me from a grow room so I assume it’s pretty accurate
  • Plants - one bromeliad
  • Placement - in my bedroom not near any vents or windows by a door that’s not open or closed very often usually closed or open with nobody walking by it our house is almost always 70° as my mom likes it boiling lol
  • Location - Oregon

Got all the cage suggestions I’m going to store now will pick up some gutloading stuff as for lighting and dusting stuff I’ll try to do that within the week, I mist for as long as it takes to almost empty a large spray bottle I’ll have to check on size when I get home but about 3-5 min each time and I don’t think it’s a burn as it comes and goes

The eye part look like the third eyelid can elevate to push out when it try clean its eye.and if that mark isnt there all the time then it's not a burn mark

Back
Top Bottom