HELP NEW VEILED MOM

If you are not sure what calcium you are actually using then I would dump it and get one without D3. One calcium with D3 and a multivitamin. Use exactly how Lennoncham instructed and follow the feedback he gave on your help sheet info :) I say this just in case your calcium has d3 it can be over supplemented causing major health issues. :)

• our Chameleon - Female veiled was told 4months a month ago by the petco worked and has been in my care about a month
  • Handling - Almost never I’ve held her about 5 times and only when she crawls onto me
  • Feeding - 8-10 large crickets everyday the crickets eat those orange cubes as well as some re hydrated reptile munchies mix
  • Supplements - I don’t have the packaging for the multi or calcium as I keep them in labeled salt and pepper shakers :/ but calcium I try to do everyday (try because I have missed a day before) and multi once a week
  • Watering - She has a dripper that drips down some fake leaves that I’ve never seen her use but keep available and I most her 3x A day and I see her drink while doing so
  • Fecal Description - chocolaty brown moist with a popcorn yellow and sometimes white lately she’s been pooping more but smaller as before it was like the size of a goose poop every two days
  • History - not much history on her as I got her about a month ago from petco she’s had one shed with me that’s about it

Info:

• Cage Type - screen reptibreze large
  • Lighting - I have this http://links.zoomed.com/lf-30 that came with the kit it says there’s daylight blue 60watt and repti sun compact 5.0 fluorescent 13watt
  • Temperature - i have the temp gage that came with the cage it currently reads at near basking but about 6inches away 78.1° the lower level not quite floor is read by the humidity/temp gage mention below and says 75° It also reads that in the last 24hrs the low was 63° and high 79° (this is lower in the cage) 63° would be over night
  • Humidity - at this moment it’s 50% but usually about 65% and I’m using one a family memeber gave me from a grow room so I assume it’s pretty accurate
  • Plants - one bromeliad
  • Placement - in my bedroom not near any vents or windows by a door that’s not open or closed very often usually closed or open with nobody walking by it our house is almost always 70° as my mom likes it boiling lol
  • Location - Oregon
Howdy I agree with @alphakenc that’s your babies eye fold . Yellow is not always an indication of dehydration . It can be she has had that poop for a bit as well . If it’s yellow closer to the feces , then gets later she’s fine . You are over feeding her . She is a female she will start producing eggs you will want to cut her back to maybe ever other day . Also watch her temp over feeding with to high temps will produce a bigger then optimal clutch . You will run into issues . I also think she is in the 7 to 9 month range . Best of luck .

Dont forget to put an laying bin inside of the cage asap....she will need it soon or later.
From first post
“she isn’t interested whatsoever in the bin I was using a plastic flower pot about 14 in deep about 10-12 across with a bromeliad in it I just changed it to a larger fabric bin with more area in hopes that’ll be the only place to go. “

From first post
“she isn’t interested whatsoever in the bin I was using a plastic flower pot about 14 in deep about 10-12 across with a bromeliad in it I just changed it to a larger fabric bin with more area in hopes that’ll be the only place to go. “
She may dig every where . She may not like any one and she may be fine with the first she picks . The other thing I did not mention is . Little girl veiled love love love eating plants . I would get anything out that is plastic before she decides to take a nice big chomp out of a plastic vine . ( impaction ).

Thanks guys and I’ve noticed if she doesn’t poop for 24hrs it’s yellow if she poops like twice a day it’s white if that makes since and I was planning on do No every other day just didn’t know when to start as I was told she was much younger I think I missed stuff in this reply but thanks again to everyone for your messages I’m studying them and making a plan :)

She’s never been interested in any of the plants at all hardly even drinks water off of them. And i know she’ll dig around I’m just worried she’ll keep searching for a place not go into the bin I have for her and then become egg bound (or bind yknow what I mean)

She’s never been interested in any of the plants at all hardly even drinks water off of them. And i know she’ll dig around I’m just worried she’ll keep searching for a place not go into the bin I have for her and then become egg bound (or bind yknow what I mean)
Can’t remember if you said or not.
Do you have her cage covered?

You should have her cage covered around egg laying time so they feel safe to dig and lay. If they see you while digging they can abandon there hole and become egg bound.

Would a fogger work? To use for humidity and for her to drink or would that be to much for her lil lungs? Also any other tips as for helping her to use the bin?

You should have her cage covered around egg laying time so they feel safe to dig and lay. If they see you while digging they can abandon there hole and become egg bound.

Yes I do:) I have kept it completely covered and only took it off to spray or feed. And then today when I switched the bins but other than that I’ve left her alone completely

Do you possibly have a link for the lighting you suggested?

Attachments

• B5F21507-1123-451E-B802-40E64055ECCF.png
    B5F21507-1123-451E-B802-40E64055ECCF.png
    897.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 082DBB2E-2088-4617-ADF2-242F4D27B968.png
    082DBB2E-2088-4617-ADF2-242F4D27B968.png
    881.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 8EF60F7E-B42F-4192-9FFB-BA3ABEE0A10C.png
    8EF60F7E-B42F-4192-9FFB-BA3ABEE0A10C.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 129
This is the light is use. Arcadia also makes great lights.

The calcium powders are right. What brand is the multivitamin?

A95788B2-37CD-4394-BC99-4D46A09A130C.jpeg

That multivitamin has d3 in it. You want one without d 3. Or if you get a multivitamin with a d3 then don’t get the calcium with d3 and only use the multivitamin twice a month.

Back
Top Bottom