Help! Misting?! :(

Ezrool

Hey there! I've got a little Veiled Chameleon :D

Haven't got a misting system yet so I made my own dripper and spraying a bit sometimes.

I also wonder, is it "cruel" to spray (with a big 'cone' if you get what I mean) on the chameleon for "shower"? She's just some months so I don't think the shower is the best place yet, gets stressed quite easy so don't dare :(

She's shedding right now and I've heard that misting a bit more then usuall is good, but I haven't got a mister so yeah. Anyone got any good ideas?
She once got under the dripper and just showered herself, so cute haha:D

But there's a bit orange in her urate and I've read that it's because she doesn't get the water she needs.
Not always drinking either, so yeah... Need really good tip untill I've got myself a mister!!!

Anyone recommend "Exo Terra Monsoon RS400"? (Think RS400 is the right name haha)

/Thanks, Peter and lil' Queen:D

i put a block of ice just above the plant, it lasts about 3 or 4 hours... depending on the weather

Hi Ezrool
Hey I'm really not qualified to give you care tips, but I too have a young vailed (that has grown near 7" in my care the last few months).
Couple of questions or things you might need to consider.
How hot or humid is your area?
Do you have drainage?
How much do you drip or spray?
I'm in an arid local.
Before my drainage and misting system I did the ice thing and hand misted while I was at home and it really didn't make the grade.
For me it actually sucked.
My drainage system (glued plastic pan with a drain port to a tupperware tub) allowed me to kick up my big dripper system.which actually did an OK job untill my mist system showed up.
The experts here will no doubt give you better advice but this is what worked/not worked for me.
Good luck to ya
Andy

If you're going to spray the chameleon directly, try and use warm water in the spray bottle so it's not a shock when they get blasted with cold water.

If you're going to spray the chameleon directly, try and use warm water in the spray bottle so it's not a shock when they get blasted with cold water.

Hehe okay, thanks :) I'll spray her a bit later with some warm water hehe:D

Actually you can put HOT water in the bottle and it will spray out warm. I have found warm usually sprays out cold. Maybe that is just my bottle! Just test it first before you spray your cham!

Actually you can put HOT water in the bottle and it will spray out warm. I have found warm usually sprays out cold. Maybe that is just my bottle! Just test it first before you spray your cham!

True, the water cools down a lot when misted, I can fill the bottle with as hot as my water will get and it sprays out warm.

If I use warm water, it's still a bit warm, just not freezing cold like as if I was to use straight tap water.

Back
Top Bottom