Help me pick out plants!!

Daesie11

Chameleon Enthusiast
I am talking to you plant nerds, show me all your favorite plants!

By the end of next month I am going to have made Pesto a new custom built enclosure. It is going to be 48x24x48, screen (probably with 3 sides with vinyl insulation cuz let's be real I'm in Denver). I recently came to the realization that I dont have NEARLY enough plants to create the sort of cover that I want, and I want to get started on finding them now so I can grow them out a bit before the enclosure is done.
I currently have a few different pothos, a sword fern, a small schefflera, a medium sized dracaena, an itty bitty pitcher plant(I may pick up a few more), and a few orchids.

My question to all of the plant people out there are what are your favorite plants in your enclosure(keep in mind I am building my own enclosure because I am too broke for nice things, but still want to give my Pesto a good life. I'm looking at you Cyber with your $75 seedlings).
Please provide pictures as well because I dont know what your fancy plant names mean. Please dumb it down for me.

Get a monstera!!! Maybe I can cut you a trimming off my plant
I would literally love a cutting of your monsters. I cant find one anywhere here but also it would be like having a piece of you in my home :love: gimme 2 one for Pesto and one for house plant lol

-Ficus alii, schefflera amate for climbing
-Nepenthes, monstera, pothos, wandering jew, prayer plants for hanging/vines/cool factor
-bromeliads, cryptanthus, ferns, creeping fig, polka dot plants, decoration(so many fall into this category)

-Ficus alii, schefflera amate for climbing
-Nepenthes, monstera, pothos, wandering jew, prayer plants for hanging/vines/cool factor
-bromeliads, cryptanthus, ferns, creeping fig, polka dot plants, decoration(so many fall into this category)
James the most important parameter was to include pictures, why do you hate me?
Also I found a really pretty polka dot plant today that I was gonna get but I couldnt find it on the safe list so I wasnt sure! I'll go back tomorrow and pick it up

I also am going to have a custom wall on the back, so I would like to plant something high up on the wall that will have hanging vines(other than a pothos) so anything like that would be really cool. I'm also going to stick grape vine in to the foam to give it some more texture, so if there is anything that would be almost moss-like that I could get that will grow across the grape vine that would be awesome!

James the most important parameter was to include pictures, why do you hate me?
Also I found a really pretty polka dot plant today that I was gonna get but I couldnt find it on the safe list so I wasnt sure! I'll go back tomorrow and pick it up

here it looks just like this

Attachments

• sketch-1563325160546.png
    sketch-1563325160546.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 103
For an enclosure that size, I cannot recommend Schefflera amate enough! Much sturdier than your typical schefflera, so they're really great for climbing
My schefflera I have is pretty small still, so I'm thinking of breaking it up in to even smaller bits and putting them in small foamed in pots along my back wall so it's like little trees growing off the wall lol. I'll look in to this one. I definitely will need to invest in at least one very large very sturdy plant to be the "main attraction" if you will

Back
Top Bottom