Help Me Out, Man!

TheMentor

allright everyone, i'm a relatively experienced keeper, and i cant quite figure this one out, this is my newest baby chameleon, hes 5 months old in 2 days haha. he eats like crazy and is mainly on a cricket diet along with some roaches and worms.

anyways, i've noticed this piece of..something?..in his eye. i'm not quite sure if its leftovers from a previous shed, or some sort of gunk from the humidity flux being to high or to low?

just wanted some input or advice, thanks!

TheMentor

also, sorry about the pic being a phone pic, i think it will suffice though, its a good camera on the phone

Attachments

• downsized_1103080808.jpg
    downsized_1103080808.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 184
Wet a Q-tip, and GENTLEY massage it out of his eye. It's a good thing that it's not far deep in his eye. It's kinda coming out on it's own. It's very simple to do, just DON'T press harder than you would rubbing ointment on a really bad cut. His eyes are extremely soft and you could damage them by pressing too hard. Most would say a shower would do the trick. I'd just massage it out, considering how easy and quick this one would take. Then give him a nicely warm 20 minute misting session.

Don't be scared of holding him tighter than usual. You'll hurt him more by holding him for a much longer time rather than restrainting him and doing it much quicker. Don't squeeze him so hard that he'll have trouble breathing!

well see, i cant necessarily touch him, hes still very protective against me since i've only had him about a month and a week, i guess the shower isnt such a bad idea, i'm almost positive that its a piece of skin so i may just let it go on its own to come out and use warm misting sessions

i'm actually in the process right now of showing some pictures of him haha,so i'll post them up if you'd all like :)

Back
Top Bottom