HELP! many veiled chameleon eggs are denting at 2weeks of incubation

Evoker

i have 53 eggs and it looks like about 20 have started denting,,they have been incubating for 2weeks ...im incubating at 26C (degrees celsius)(78.8F) and 70% humidity....please help and sorry for spelling

A quick look and I get around 7 months for incubation times. Did you witness your Cham mating? Are you sure the eggs are fertile?

Good luck.

What medium are you using for the eggs? Is it dry or too wet?
If the medium has the correct moistness, then the eggs may not be fertile.

im using vermiculite..my chameleons mated and 3weeks later she laid eggs,,i have the eggs in the exo terra incubator....the vermiculite is wet to the touch but no water is laying/forming at the bottom of the egg container.

It's also possible that they may not be fertile as well. :( you can shine a pin light through one of the eggs and see if there's a pinkish little body in there. If the eggs are yellow or clearish color they are infertile.

i readed online the chameleon only starts developing on 2months....so there wount be an pink chamy?...i wil try that

Take a handful of the substrate, and squeeze it.. does a drop or two of water come out?

If not then its too dry.

Denting?

I would say that the eggs that are denting are probably infertile.

I would save the dented eggs until they start molding. I have heard of dented eggs still hatching...none of mine dented :(

I would think that you will probably have some fertile eggs in the next clutch. Maybe? They will retain and can have at least some fertile eggs in the next clutch laid...
Hope that helps!

SOunds like your eggs are infertile then, at least the denting ones.

try adding a bit more water to your substrate,, and if they start to mold over, then they are definetly infertile.

it happens, more than likely she was bred while she was still developing eggs, so not all got fertlized.

I'm having same issue but mine are about three months into incubation and it's veiled chameleon eggs and it's only two so far but everyone else is developing properly

@Carmella95 ...please start your own thread so people won't waste time reading the old posts before they get to yours.

In your new thread, please post a phot of the eggs now and of the way you have them set up.

Back
Top Bottom