Help Lost Chameleon

So I know there’s probably a 100 of these all ready on here but I’m just so worried. My juvenile veiled got out of his cage sometime today when I was at work. I came home around 7 and he was no where to be find. His cage was shut but one of the doors is kind of loose. I’m guessing that’s where he escaped. Here’s the kicker, I have never really handled Ralphie (my Cham). He also has never left his cage because he doesn’t like to be handled. I feel like he’s more lost than anything. My room also doesn’t have a door only a doggy gate and yes I have a dog too which is another one of my fears where he might of ended up. I set out 2 different dishes with his favorite worms and left his cage door open with a vine coming out so if he somehow finds his way back he can crawl back in. Any advice would be greatly appreciatedi don’t think he has been out for more than 14 hours yet, but I have to go to work again tomorrow and am worried I’m going to miss him walking around my house while I’m at work. Also I got Ralphie only 2 months ago at about the size of 2 fingers he’s a good 12 inches now but he’s so young I’m worried he’s going to freeze or something like that. Please help

So, from what I understand your Cham is lost in your house? I would look in higher places he may be able to climb like curtains and blinds. If he got scared from the dog look behind and under all furniture even if you don’t think he could be there. They are easier to see at night, they get very light in color. If you have a crate for your dog I would suggest putting them in there while you are at work. I hope you find him.

Look up. They naturally will climb as high as possible to feel safe. Walk around at night in the dark with a flashlight. The cham will pop in the darkness.

Charlie bolted off his free range tree while I was standing there watching him... he literally waited for me to look away from ONE MINUTE and then he went for it. I found him underneath another cham's cage. I had already looked there and didn't see him, and wouldn't have found him had he not bumped something to make noise. So look low, too, really well! He started climbing up the electrical cords.

Look up and leave his cage door open. The cage is their space and sometimes they go back because that's where they feel safe

Hope you find him look around any climbable surfaces up high. And look even in odd places you wouldn’t expect them to be. Also I’d fix the area he broke out of so this doesn’t happen again. Your cage doesn’t have latch locks on it?

Goes without saying... but please keep the dog in an alternate space so he doesn’t find your chameleon before you do.

He still on the loose somewhere. I’ve left his cage door open and I vine comming out so he can crawl back in. And I’m currently at work so I can’t look for him but the dog is locked in another room. And the cage is homemade the only place he could get out would be a tiny crack in the top I put for extra airflow but I think his body is too big to fit through it and there’s also no branches or plants up that high so idk how he would even get to that spot. But thank you all for all ur help. Any chance he could be in a clothes basket? Also can Chams climb stairs?

He still on the loose somewhere. I’ve left his cage door open and I vine comming out so he can crawl back in. And I’m currently at work so I can’t look for him but the dog is locked in another room. And the cage is homemade the only place he could get out would be a tiny crack in the top I put for extra airflow but I think his body is too big to fit through it and there’s also no branches or plants up that high so idk how he would even get to that spot. But thank you all for all ur help. Any chance he could be in a clothes basket? Also can Chams climb stairs?
He could be ANYWHERE im so serious. I never let Apollo out of my sight! He's climbed to the top of my dresser before with no problems. They can climb stairs if there is a grip like carpet or maybe a rug.

Is there anything besides putting some worms out for him that I can use to draw him out from hiding. My biggest fear is that he’s lost because he’s never been out of his cage other than the day I brought him home

I also have a beardie would the chameleon be scared of him. I had one in the past and she would also go righ tup next to my beardies cage because of the warmth and just walk back and forth infront of the beardies cage. I let the beardie out for about 10 minutes to see if he could find his friend but that didn’t work lmao.

Is there anything besides putting some worms out for him that I can use to draw him out from hiding. My biggest fear is that he’s lost because he’s never been out of his cage other than the day I brought him home
Well I think that he will come for the worms because chams are hunters by instinct

I also have a beardie would the chameleon be scared of him. I had one in the past and she would also go righ tup next to my beardies cage because of the warmth and just walk back and forth infront of the beardies cage. I let the beardie out for about 10 minutes to see if he could find his friend but that didn’t work lmao.
Lmao no he would probably try to bite the beardie if I'm honest

Back
Top Bottom