Help is she pregnant

untitled.png
This is a coloration that is mostly seen when the female has become sexually mature and is receptive.

123.png
This is a gravid coloration thrown especially to males saying that she is gravid and basically..back off.

veiled.gif
Once separated from the male, their coloration settles back into an almost regular tone and pattern. I have also seen them maintain some of the robins egg blue and darker spotting on their bodies until they lay their eggs.

But remember that if she simply has eggs that aren't fertilized, she most likely will not throw the darker colorations like mentioned in the second picture. I like to keep a laying bin available at all times with my females. IMO.

View attachment 148780
This is a coloration that is mostly seen when the female has become sexually mature and is receptive.

View attachment 148781
This is a gravid coloration thrown especially to males saying that she is gravid and basically..back off.

View attachment 148782
Once separated from the male, their coloration settles back into an almost regular tone and pattern. I have also seen them maintain some of the robins egg blue and darker spotting on their bodies until they lay their eggs.

But remember that if she simply has eggs that aren't fertilized, she most likely will not throw the darker colorations like mentioned in the second picture. I like to keep a laying bin available at all times with my females. IMO.

That may be the case for some but all my veiled girl were a pretty blue like the top picture right up to the day they laid. They stayed blue for fertile and infertile eggs. They all looked dark after laying for a few day but that was it.

That may be the case for some but all my veiled girl were a pretty blue like the top picture right up to the day they laid. They stayed blue for fertile and infertile eggs. They all looked dark after laying for a few day but that was it.

You know that is strange, because I'm sure you remember the veiled chameleons I pm you about....the female only displayed normal coloration, but she was gravid. I had xrays done at the vet to confirm it. So do you think that her not staying the blue coloration is based on her previous husbandry conditions? She laid all of her eggs and they are incubating...so I hope all is well with them.

@dread , I was just wanting to give you visual help with the pictures, but Veileds are jannb's specialty, so listen to her info about the blue colorations.

You know that is strange, because I'm sure you remember the veiled chameleons I pm you about....the female only displayed normal coloration, but she was gravid. I had xrays done at the vet to confirm it. So do you think that her not staying the blue coloration is based on her previous husbandry conditions? She laid all of her eggs and they are incubating...so I hope all is well with them.

@dread , I was just wanting to give you visual help with the pictures, but Veileds are jannb's specialty, so listen to her info about the blue colorations.

I'm glad that your girl is ok. To be honest I really don't know. I read of the different colors as posted above and I guess they should look that way but my girls never did. I have some pictures on here of my girl Camille before and after but I was not able to find them when I searched. I'm still learning the upgrade.

BTW that top picture was Charlotte one of the babies that I hatched in 2010.

I'm glad that your girl is ok. To be honest I really don't know. I read of the different colors as posted above and I guess they should look that way but my girls never did. I have some pictures on here of my girl Camille before and after but I was not able to find them when I searched. I'm still learning the upgrade.

BTW that top picture was Charlotte one of the babies that I hatched in 2010.

That is too cool. That was the first hit when I typed in receptive female veiled in google's taskbar. Your chameleons are famous, lol.

Back
Top Bottom