HELP!! Injured Panther Eye

Rusko

My chameleon (7 monthes) was on an artificial plant and it got knocked over my little cousin and his right eye started bleeding about 180 degrees around his eye. He started flailing and freaking out and he wouldnt open his eye. I put him in a small exo terra cage for now as i dont want him climbing too high. Its been about an hour now an hes calmed down and I can now see his cut on top of his eye now that the blood dried. Im thankful to see him moving it now and I'm just trying to encourage him to drink water (he hasnt yet). Im taking him the vet in the morning.

IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO MAKE THE SITUATION BETTER?
He seems to be doing better I just flipped out as he's the best little buddy ever and i dont want anything to happen to him :( :( :(

ugghhhhgh no i dont have either, Im sure he'll be okay now im just worried about his eye. If you think it would be worth it i live very close to a drug store and i could go get it.

Also i got him to drink a lot of water and his eye is moving around quite a bit. the only scary thing is that i can see his eye ball go down into his eye sometimes and all you see is white in his eye opening.

I'm not sure as I've never had this situation before. Neosporin would help fight infection. Can you post a picture? Saline I don't think is good idea on second thought.

Have you contacted a vet? Or at least have one you can go to straight in the am?

I dont know how to post the pic, it keeps asking for a url and its on my email. -__- Sorry. Im trying to figure it out.

Ive like 5 vets haha, none are open. But theres a good one that i know of and Rusko and i will banging on their door at 7 am when they open tomorrow.

I wouldn't put anything on his eye tonight. You could use saline solution to wash the blood off but it's nothing that water couldn't do, it's just going to sting less with saline. But I wouldn't go putting neosporin near my eye, so I wouldn't do it to him either, I'm not certain it's safe for eyes. I'd prefer just not to touch it, just in case you do more harm than good.

Just keep the area dry and clean and wait for morning. Thankfully it's night so he should just sleep and not continue to hurt himself and then in the morning you can take him in.

Im putting him to bed now and im not gonna mess with his eye at all the dried blood should help act as a seal until the morning. I also dont wanna stress him out or make him more awake.

This has not been a fun night! But you have made it a little better thanks for the help! :')

Back
Top Bottom