Help identifying male/female and what locale?

pepezkakap

Guys,

I am planning to buy some panther chameleons. I have multiple options pictured below. But I can't decide what locale it is. Also, I want to buy a female. I can't seem to be sure if it's indeed a she and from which locale is she?
Thanks.

From which locale are these?

Aditya ¤ Kawanim Turtles n Tortoises (08999074727) chamy.jpg
male awan.jpg
panther 1.jpg
panther 2.jpg
panther adit.jpg

You cannot differentiate females of different locales - they all look the same and there is no way to trace their lineage from scratch. So to know the locale of the female you need to know where it was imported from accurately if wc, or prove it out with several generations of the same locale male.

1. Sambava
2.3.4 ambilobe
5. Ambanja
This is from what I can see but they are young so the colours could completely change over 6 months so its very hard to say for sure, the 1st could turn out to also be ambilobe

You cannot differentiate females of different locales - they all look the same and there is no way to trace their lineage from scratch. So to know the locale of the female you need to know where it was imported from accurately if wc, or prove it out with several generations of the same locale male.

Thanks. But, can you tell whether it's a female on the picture? I have attached 3 pictures for reference.

1. Sambava
2.3.4 ambilobe
5. Ambanja
This is from what I can see but they are young so the colours could completely change over 6 months so its very hard to say for sure, the 1st could turn out to also be ambilobe

Wough I got all messed up identifying locale is much harder than I thought lol. Waiting for more responds. My biggest concern will be whether it's a female? :)
Thanks.

1 looks identical to a freind of mines sambava at 4-5 months old but like I say I couldn't say for sure as there colours may change with them being young

First post all males, second post all female. All the males look Ambilobe to me.

Ditto. I see Y bars on all of them and the colors/shape on them are pretty typical of varying Ambilobes. They do look young and some of them could change but I also think they are all Ambis.

And the female is definitely female.

First post all males, second post all female. All the males look Ambilobe to me.

Sorry to confuse you, Yes all are males and second post are pics of one chameleon and I am glad she's female :)

And Kent I found your thread on how sexing baby panther very useful. Thanks :)

Ditto. I see Y bars on all of them and the colors/shape on them are pretty typical of varying Ambilobes. They do look young and some of them could change but I also think they are all Ambis.

And the female is definitely female.

Just what I want to hear :) Thanks again olimpia.

In my country sellers are not like in the States and Europe. Here, we can't tell which locale the panther is. We just call them panther and I hate to just live with that. That's why I am learning and thanks all for the input. Willing to hear some more :)

Looking again, I'd even say 1 & 3 could be the same male in different emotional states. Yellow background, blue bar Ambilobe.

1,2,3,4 all look ambilobe to me. The 5th male looks like it could be ambilobe OR ambanja to me. It's too young for me to want to choose one of the other definitively. The second post is a female, but females are very difficult to determine the gender without the breeder/importer knowing for sure. The only way I know how to make a more likely (to be right) guess about a females locale is if it has a fairly large amount of color or if it has a U-bar (in which case it is likely to be a sambava or other east coast locale.)

Looking again, I'd even say 1 & 3 could be the same male in different emotional states. Yellow background, blue bar Ambilobe.

Thanks. I still am learning to identify locale. It's hard since emotianal state affect the color. With color changing it's hard to determine.

1,2,3,4 all look ambilobe to me. The 5th male looks like it could be ambilobe OR ambanja to me. It's too young for me to want to choose one of the other definitively. The second post is a female, but females are very difficult to determine the gender without the breeder/importer knowing for sure. The only way I know how to make a more likely (to be right) guess about a females locale is if it has a fairly large amount of color or if it has a U-bar (in which case it is likely to be a sambava or other east coast locale.)
The second pic I believe was like a year or so. The rests are too young.
I thought number 3 was diego suarez. See, I still have a lot to learn :)

Thanks for your insight. Unfortunately I can't seem to see the bar yet on the female. But at least you are pretty confiden't that's she's a she afterll. All of the responds seem to confirm that way.

Back
Top Bottom