help choosing type of panther for me

NYCjames

Hello,

I own a jackson for two years. I am ready to get a panther to add to my collection.

What type of panther is best for color? Ease of care? Most Friendly?

Any guidance would be great!!

Hello,

I own a jackson for two years. I am ready to get a panther to add to my collection.

What type of panther is best for color? Ease of care? Most Friendly?

Any guidance would be great!!

I think the "best" chameleon is the type that appeals to you the most. I'm not sure if one local of panther will be any friendlier than another. I have an ambilobe that I think is beautiful and is somewhat social, but I picked him based off his sire's looks. I would look at the site sponsors available chams and see what you think looks best.

I like ambilobes best personally, but I know people who like Nosy Bes best and others as well. With that said, I'd be happy with any kind of panther, they are all good looking in their own ways.

I think if color, ease of care and personality are your concerns with a panther, then you're lucky since you can pick the appearance you like best since they should all be comparable in those aspects. Just make sure you go through a good breeder and get a healthy animal. I got my Merlin from Bruce with Chameleon Paradise and I'm very happy! I don't think you can go wrong with any of the sight sponsors though.

Good luck!

EDIT: here is the link to Merlin if you're interested in seeing him (ambilobe). he was sired by Cowboy with Chameleon Paradise and you can see the sire on their website.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/chameleon-came-in-today.142055/page-4#post-1229329

I agree, all panthers will be the same pertaining to care and personality, etc. As for colors, I would just looking into the local that you like the best. I would be more than happy to show you come pictures of our breeders so you can see the different colors and patterns if you would like.

All panthers are within the same species so there won't be differences in ease of care. As for personality, they are individuals regardless of the locale.

Thank you guys very much. How much do the parents colors have to do with the off spring? A lot of these are grayish since still young

Thank you I really appreciate all the help. My last question is female or male? I know i have a male jackson he is extremely social loves to be out but with jackson females I heard with age they get grump. Does this hold true for panthers?

Like we've said, you can't really generalize to all individuals, For example, I've had several female jax and none of them were what I'd call grumpy. They were shy and docile. A lot of this is what YOU expect from a cham's behavior. Maybe I am so used to them that what you would describe as grumpy I would describe as normal and typical. I've read on the forums that some keeper's Usambara three-horned were docile. Mine was a surly crabby little guy who would randomly work himself into a passion and bite me. I've had mean melleri and gentle almost friendly melleri, a laid back veiled and a nasty panther.

Most panthers are generally friendly, and most are easy to care for. Tamataves are more advanced, but most are pretty easy relative to chameleons. Panthers are by far the friendliest, and if you want bright colors, then go with an ambilobe, nosy be, ambaja, or sambava. They all have bright and vivid colors, so it's all based upon what colors you like most.

Back
Top Bottom