Help! Chameleon won't use back leg

Hi everyone, my 1 1/2 year old male veiled chameleon has started to not use his back left leg, he can move it however he rarely ever does, he lets it drag behind him as well as when he is sitting on a branch the leg dangles below, the leg looks like it may be ever so slightly swollen but i can't tell, what is wrong and what should i do?

He is in an XL reptibreeze screen cage, with uva and uvb lights, and gets sprayed down 3-4 times a day with a constant dripping system, his cage ranges from 85-90 degrees F during the day, aproximately 65-70 at night and the humidity is usually around 50-70% and gets fed crickets everyday, dusted with calcium without D3 everyday, vitamins 2 times a month and D3 2 times a month.

I have a leopard gecko who is a rescue he has this problem with his 2 back legs from being neglected from his previous owners but u seem to be doing everything right

IMG_7337.jpg
IMG_7337.jpg
IMG_7340.jpg
IMG_7342.jpg
IMG_7345.jpg
IMG_7337.jpg
IMG_7340.jpg
IMG_7342.jpg
IMG_7345.jpg

he can still use the leg and move it he just doesn't seem to want to use it as if it's stiff or hurts or something, he tries to keep it straight and dangles it off the sides of branches or perches it up on a vine like a sling, as far as i know he hasn't hurt it and he can bend it, im not sure what could be wrong. he is also still eating and moves around a lot he hasn't seemed to have lost his energy.

Could be an injury or maybe gout. We need more information.
What color are the urates? Has the UVB bulb been replaced at all during the time you've had him? What are you feeding/gutloading the insects with?

Last edited:
Likely gout or an injury, the stuck shed doesn't look old enough or tight enough to cause this severity though shedding on the feet irritates my chams struggling with joint issues or mbd more than my healthier chams who have overcome it already or came to me healthy. So it could be a mix of things... How often does he get misted and for how long? Wondering if it's kidney failure...

Back
Top Bottom