Hello, I have a addiction 😬

Coralfishg

Hello everyone, from sunny Florida! I recently was bit by the chameleon bug and decided to start doing research on the care and requirements for a chameleon after my daughter started to express interest in one. So I started reading, watching, researching and of course buying 😬 In the end I decided wanted to get a panther chameleon because of their beautiful colors and their temperament. I started to put together a want list for his or her future condo 😳 well that condo quickly turned into a mansion. I came across a video by Jon’s rainforest room and I was hooked!

I started to buy all the supply’s and got to building. First the cage is a repti breeze Xl that I took abs plastic and covered the sides and the bottom to seal it up
4D37AD58-D43D-4DEB-BF0B-4803BF2C24ED.jpeg

7889DD84-5549-4131-A0FF-737D4A84BC36.jpeg

425A8715-C818-4C02-A5D9-38E10AA28AD4.jpeg

While I was foaming everything in I added some pieces of drift wood, planting pots and a feeding dish
6CF81072-33C1-4005-B5CF-5522F4756A68.jpeg

This is gonna be a bio active vivarium so next up was the substrate layers. For the drainage layer I used lava rock and eco balls. I added a bottle in the front so I can Siphon the excess water that will accumulate in the bottom of the cage.
7FF73867-4427-4AAF-819D-7A3C1B87D5BF.jpeg

I have only had him for a week.. I have not visually seen him eat yet, but I have kept at least 6 crickets in there at all times and they have been disappearing.. I have been very concerned with the eating but from what I have read it is common for them to not be aggressive eaters when they get introduced to a new cage.

I have only had him for a week.. I have not visually seen him eat yet, but I have kept at least 6 crickets in there at all times and they have been disappearing.. I have been very concerned with the eating but from what I have read it is common for them to not be aggressive eaters when they get introduced to a new cage.
That is true, there are some that are not aggressive in new enclosures however yours looks very thin from the get go. And i believe you have a female. Also feed more than 6 crickets. How do you feed her? Feeder run, cup feeding, or you just let crickets loose in the cage?

May I ask where you got her at? Looks like a female to me. She looks very thin for only having her for a week.

A lot of work went into that.. Great job!

Just be carful of the foam-- crickets, and meal along with superworms love burrowing and try eating it. I had something similar (not as good looking as yours) but soon crickets and superworm destroyed it and made tunnels everywhere.
That being said: It is wonderful, just giving ya a heads up on issues that might arise.

Back
Top Bottom